“I want to go back!”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here for the first time (not on purpose) when my flight was delayed and cancelled over a couple of days. I had a wonderful experience during a very stressful time. We were back and forth to the airport constantly and the free shuttle was a blessing! After traveling back out west again and realizing my flight was very early in the morning I immediately knew I would come back to the hotel, spend the night and enjoy my time before leaving. It is very homey, quiet and a relaxing environment. The room was beautiful and clean, complimentary breakfast was delicious and staff (especially on the shuttle bus, which we used a lot) were fantastic and very helpful. The prices are very reasonable for a high quality, new and very clean hotel so close to the airport. I would recommend it to anyone and only have good things to say.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Ashley V,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay, shared here on TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and cant wait to share your comments with our team members!

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and we cant wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nice hotel with a great fitness room. There is little to eat however and the wireless signals are around 1.5 Mbps so streaming netflix for a movie isn't really an option. I don't need much more than to be able to watch a video after work so I will be going somewhere with a better signal in have future.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Good day Chris C,

Thank you for sharing your recent hotel experience on Trip Advisor; we always value the feedback!

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our new hotel with the great fitness facility we offer. I hope you got a chance to try our evening lounge service that we offer every night because there is some great food that we have. I am sorry tohear that you were not impressed with our wireless service. I will defintely forward that on to our Maintenance department so they can look further into that.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very new Hilton Hotel. The hotel is very close to the Calgary Airport (very short drive). We were met by friendly front staff and were felt welcomed. The heat was up high in the hallways. The room was large and clean (so was the bathroom), Had problems with the thermostat as the fan would stay on. Free breakfast was very good with a large eating area.

Good day Gary1947_12,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, on Trip Advisor.

We always value the feedback of our loyal guests and greatly appreciate it. I am pleased tohear you enjoyed our convenient location to the Calgary International Airport, our spacious rooms and complimentary hot buffet breakfast!

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night in town with the kids. Nice new rooms and comfy beds. Breakfast was fairly standard with some hot offerings (waffles, sausage, etc). Our complaints are with the room heater which was ridiculously loud, and with our south facing room which had a great view of YYC, but also all the noise that goes with it. Suggest trying for a north facing room.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Good Day Banffflyr,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot buffet breakfast, new rooms with comfy beds and our City and Mountain view rooms. I am sorry that you did experience some loudness from our heating unit in your room. I have notified our Chief Engineer to rectify the issue immediately.

While there are numerous hotels in the area, I thank you for choosing our to stay at and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a great place to stay near the YYC airport. Rooms are very nice and comfy, with a nice breakfast. The heat/cooling system is fairly drafty. Parking is a bit of a problem while construction is still going on.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Good day Peter B

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay, on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our numerous amenities such as the convenience to the Calgary International Airport, our complimentary hot buffet breakfast and the comfy and nice rooms!

As you mentioned, the outside of our complex still looks like a construction zone and your absolutely right. We are just 1 month away from opening our 2nd property, the Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel that is joined to our hotel through the swimming and fitness facilities. Once the Homewood Suites opens to the public we will see a diminishing effect on the construction on site and that in turn will open up more spots for our loyal guests to park in. We are counting down the days!

Thank you again Peter B for your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Had an overnight layover in Calgary between flights on a recent trip to Mexico. Being a fan of the Hampton chain, I ended up snagging a great rate for this hotel on Priceline. About as close to the airport as you can get without staying there. If you can't wait for the shuttle, a cab is only going to run you $12. As far as the hotel goes, it's pretty much new and we were very happy with our room which is what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn. Only 2 problems during our short stay. The heat was on full blast in the hallway and it required the AC to run in our room to keep it a reasonable temp. The other issue was the rate I was charged. Upon seeing the checkout receipt in the morning, we were charged regular rate and not the price I booked at. Took it to the desk on the way to breakfast and it was handled immediately. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Good day Beels334,

Thank you for submitting your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We feel our property is unique with its offerings as you mentioned the convenience to the airport and complimentary shuttle service and quick resolutions on any issues that are brought up to our great and efficient team members!

While there are numerous hotels in the area, we thank you for choosing ours and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The complimentary breakfast was weak. Cold and pancakes like hockey pucks. Had issues with heating system in the hallways and didn't bother to fix it for almost a day. Nice location close to airport. Staff seem new and need to have more concern for their customers.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Good day JGR123

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our location, which is conveniently located 3 minutes from the Calgary International Airport but am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction regarding our complimentary hot buffet breakfast, the heating of the hallways and our team members.

Being a new property there are definetly learning opportunities that present themselves and it is how we deal with them as a team that really makes the hotel a winning success. I am sorry about the issues you dealt with but am greatly appreciative that you brought them to our attention because it gives us the opportunity to make them right for our valued guests!

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you give us another chance to really "Wow" you next time you are back in Calgary!