“Close to airport but no other nearby amenities”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North
Ranked #15 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

It's nice having another Hilton property in Calgary, since there were only two previous Hampton Inn properties in the vity. I stay at this property when the older Hampton Inn Calgary Airport (8 mins further south) is full.

This property is still under construction, with the Homewood Suites wing still being fitted. The interior of the Hampton property is fully finished. Exteriorly, the grounds are still being developed. There is precious little parking near the main entrance of the ---you are best off running inside to check in, get a room key and park on the unfinished side of the hotel or st dtreet level, and using your room key to enter from an auxillary entrance.

The rooms are nice enough, with comfortable Hampton beds. Washrooms are larger than other older Hamptons, although the rooms I stayed in only have a shower and mo tub. Do not pay extra to be upgraded to a mountain view room, as the mountains are barely visible and you will look out on to prairie and Calgarian suburban sprawl. The city view rooms offer a view of the airport parking and tarmac, as well as the drainage pond. The proximity to the airport does not mean noise, as the runways are much further away and the hotel soundproofing seems good.

There are no restaurants or other amenities within walking distance. Only stay here if you have a car or if you just need to be close to the airport. The shuttle will get you to airport doors in 4 minutes. The hotel has a tuck shop pantry and has a very limited dinner menu selection. One quirk when I ordered food was that I had to go to the front dedk to get my own soft drink.

The rest of the facilities seem well maintained. Lots of natural light in the pool room and the gym has a few more exercise machines than a lot of average sized hotels.

Service is professional and cordial, although the staff are saddled with dealing with some issues due to the new property.

• Stayed: June 2014
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Good day game_misconduct,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay.

I am so happy you got a chance to enjoy our new property with its convenience to the Calgary Airport. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed the decor of the hotel, the quietness of our property and the fitness facility. Your absolutely right in stating that being an airport property, we are limited with amenities in walking distance. We are looking forward to our area developing and being able to offer ample amenities to our loyal guests.

Again, thank you and we look forward to being your friend in town when you are back!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent Hotel near Calgary Airport. Very good breakfast and comfortable bed. However parking is a bit limited. I had to circle the block a couple of times to wait for a parking space to open up......

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good day Damacio F,

I am so happy you got a chance to enjoy our new property with its convenience to the Calgary Airport. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed complimentary hot buffet breakfast and the comfortable beds but apologize for the parking. This is an issue we are working with and moving forward with an adjoining lot to provide more parking for our loyal guests!

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in town next!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

while many hotels call themselves 'airport hotel' this one really is. you can virtually walk to the terminal or bike which i did. the hotel is brand new decorated nicely and funcionally. the soundproofing works, web was fast and the bathrooms are large and really accomodating.
the downside is that there are no amenities near except for the airport.

Room Tip: not important due to good soundproofing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Good day drfrd,

I am so happy you got a chance to enjoy our new property with its convenience to the Calgary Airport. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed the decor of the hotel, the quietness, our complimentary high speed internet and large and spacious washrooms.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is new with modern decor. Beds were way too soft for my liking and the room was very hot. Despite attempts to adjust the temperature, it was a hot night. The parking was odd; had to walk a long distance to the front of the hotel. No room to pull two cars up to the front of the lobby. Hotel was clean and okay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Good day Lloyd B,

I am so happy you got a chance to enjoy our new property and its modern decor. I am sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy our beds and complimentary on site parking. As for the thermostat in your room, I will defintely let our Maintenance team know so that they can look into the issue.

Again, thank you and we hope you give us another chance when you are back in town!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here just for one night after our flight home was canceled and it was a good stay.
The hotel has a free shuttle from the airport, the buses are departing from Bay 20 of bus terminals if I recall correctly, so very convenient as the hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere. The building itself is nice and modern, there's a pleasant lounge with fireplace where they serve food. We had a standard room and it was clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities. I didn't like the Neutrogena toiletries in the bathroom though, thought they felt slimy and unpleasant on the skin, even the soap for washing hands was the same, really weird and awful. The staff were pleasant throughout the property, the check in/out were very quick. We had an early-ish flight and were hoping to have some breakfast before we go (included in the rate), but the buffet was not ready at 6 am, which was a bit disappointing (they were only starting to set up and bring out the food couple of minutes after 6am), so we had to wait for food and then rush. That was probably our only complaint about this hotel, it was a good stay otherwise by all means.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Good day Justine28,

I am so happy you got a chance to enjoy our new property with its convenience to the Calgary Airport. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and our inviting lobby and evening lounge service. I believe that since our property uses soft water, it may have given the feel of our high end Neutrogena products may took longer to wash off. I completely understand that and I thank you for that feedback!

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the city.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed with family. Nice clean rooms... with amazing mountain views. Close to the airport. Very helpful staff. Harman (Front Desk Supervisor) was very quickly able to resolve an issue. Kudos! Would definitely stay again and recommend this to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Good Day Navneet M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you got a chance to enjoy our new property and enjoyed your clean mountainview room! Also am pleased to hear that our fantastic Front Office Supervisor, Harman, was able to resolve an issue for you at the hotel.

Again, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My stay started out ok but it was getting worse and worse. First there were screaming children running up and down the hall both nights of my stay. I woke up the next morning and went to get breakfast but the only thing that was available was cereal, bagels or a waffle everything else wasn't stocked. i left for the day and came back around 5:30pm i went up to my room and the latch on my door was open to hold the door open, but there was no housekeeping on the floor so they must have left it open by accident but i was upset about this because i had expensive electronics in my room and other things that could have easily been stolen. My coffee wasn't restocked the sink still had coffee stains in it, only half the towels i used were restocked. I went to bed that night and the screaming children continued i skipped breakfast that morning and just wanted to leave when i told the front desk about my complaints i was not offered the 100% guarantee she just said she would let housekeeping know. There were no mini fridges in the room, that's not really a complaint but it would be nice to have when i order food to keep it sanitary by refrigeration. I am not coming back here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank rebecca8794
William M, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Rebecca8794

I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for taking the time to submit your experience. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view.

I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay. We strive to provide the quality experience and amenities you expect from our brand and regret this was not your experience. Please feel free to contact me at William.maccallum@hilton.com so that we can discuss how to make this situation right for you.

We will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs and hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to the city in the future.