“New airport hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North
Ranked #12 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here on 2 occasions while flying in and out of Calgary, and took their free shuttle to and from the airport. We were so pleased with the hotel, which is about 7 months old they said. The rooms were very clean, super comfortable and nicely decorated; breakfast buffet was good. It's very close to the airport but yet we didn't really hear the plane traffic. There aren't any restaurants close by, but we had a rental car so that was not a concern for us. Highly recommend!

1  Thank babyboomertravler
Mars511, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for the great post! Our team loves to be there for our guests and happy to see their hard work in your recommendation. Thank you again and come back and see us anytime.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for one night with my family. They had a cot ready in the room for us, which was requested at time of booking. The hotel is very new and modern. Fantastic breakfast, great pool for the kids and immaculate rooms. The room price was great, as it was $109 plus tax with an AMA discount. The only complaints we have is the parking is really inconvenient. The parking lot is not large enough to accommodate all hotel guests, and alot of people have to park down along the side road. The other thing to keep in mind is that it is right next to the airport and not near anything else, so if you want to have supper or a snack, pick it up on your way there, as there is no close fast food restaurants. We ended up purchasing some frozen meals from the hotel's little food and toiletry items room, that worked well in a pinch. :) Great service and extremely friendly staff! Will stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: Use AMA/AAA to get a great rate!
1  Thank 24Magoo
Mars511, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear 24Magoo, thank you so much for taking the time to post regarding your stay with us. We work hard to provide a great experience for our guests and happy to hear our team did not fail you. Sorry about the parking, we know and have been working toward opening an additional lot and it should be ready within one week.

Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Due to an unexpected missed flight - very short stay in Calgary! The hotel staff were very accommodating. Leaving early in am to catch a flight we were given a"to go" breakfast. Beautiful room, very clean, excellent security, friendly staff... 24 hr shuttle service to airport and minimal wait time. Totally recommend !!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank D C

Thanks D C, we appreciate the post. Sorry we had to meet due to a missed flight, but happy that we were able to make a new friend. We are proud of our hotel and nice to hear you think so too.

You are always welcome, should you have plans for Calgary.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel feels clean because everything is so new. Rooms are nice. Beds and pillows were best of 2 week trip. Pretty quiet considering you are right next to the airport. Sometimes I heard planes and people, but it wasn't as bad as other hotels I've stayed at next to an airport. Wifi worked pretty good. Everything you'd expect for a nice Hampton Inn. We had an early flight out the next day and asked at check in about breakfast to go. We were told that they put them out at 5:00am. We were in the lobby at 5:30 and when I asked about where they were, I was told that they were all gone. I questioned him and said they were all handed out in a 1/2 hour. He said, "People have been checking out since 2AM, and they have all been handed out." I then asked if we could have a little of something. I said we didn't need the fruit or water, but a muffin or bar would really help. He first said there was nothing he could do they were all gone. My Mother-in-law then asked, really, you couldn't get them a muffin? He slowly said, I'll see what I can do. While I was happy he said that, he also didn't seem to really be trying. He disappeared behind the kitchen prep area for a good 10 minutes and did come out with some breakfast food, which did really help with our long day of travel. My disappointment is with his "can't do" attitude in the beginning and also, had I known they would run out, I was up at 4:45am and would have happily come down the 7 floors when I woke up and got breakfast to go early. I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and chose Hampton Inn for this morning because of their good breakfast and the fact that we had an entire day of traveling ahead of us. Even their breakfast in a bag hits the spot when you are traveling. I still think Hampton Inns are good and that this one employee was not the norm. On the bright side, even though we didn't need to use the shuttle service, while waiting for some breakfast to go, the shuttle driver nicely asked if we were waiting for the shuttle. I think that is a nice service.

Room Tip: With kids, side with airplanes taking off and landing outside your hotel window allows lots of enter...
1  Thank sutrotower
Mars511, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Sutrotower, thank you so much for taking the time to give our readers and us this valuable input. We are very proud of our hotel and location, and will continue to work hard and make sure that we deliver nothing but what you expect. Sorry about the early breakfast bags, and we have already changed how many we keep extra now, so that we will not run out again. I do agree with you about the pillows, and if you give me an email to marcel.berube@hilton.com, maybe a nice new one will show up at your front step.

Thank you once and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Shuttle service airport only. Not a lot around. Easy drive to downtown if you have an auto. Breakfast very busy with little seating available. Overall a great Hotel. Very clean, free internet and airport 2 min away

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Brian for your post. We are happy to see that you enjoyed our Hampton and look forward to being here for you next time.

Drop us a line anytime.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was clean and fresh, with a free shuttle to the airport which was extremely handy for our early morning flight. It was also on the outskirts of Calgary, saving us the hassle of dealing with downtown city traffic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mars511, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much Terry for the post. I read your kind words to our team this morning and it made our day! We are pleased to be able to offer such convenience near the airport and will always be waiting with the light on.

See you soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was glad I chose to stay at this hotel during this visit to Calgary. The staff was very friendly and professional, the room was clean and the bed provided for a very comfortable sleep. There was this one night when I needed some documents faxed and the front desk did it for me without hesitation and for nothing. I will highly recommend this hotel to all my colleagues visiting Calgary.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ricardo E

Thank you Ricardo for your post. It is so wonderful to be able to come to work and be able to share stories like yours in our morning team huddles. We are here for your 24/7 and look forward to welcoming you again.

See you soon!