1,014 results
All reviews calgary airport complimentary breakfast great hotel shuttle service an early flight newer hotel late arrival front desk staff rental car deerfoot trail would stay here again rooms were very clean tim hortons free shuttle excellent stay pool and hot tub easy access
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Thought that this would be a good saving as the hotel offers a week parking for roughly $30 on top of the room rate. It’s in a good location and seems to offer lots of extras.

However... as it turns out those discounts and extras don’t really stand up when you scratch under the surface. The hotel says it offers a government discount to armed forces personnel... but not if you are getting the park and stay rate. Sounds fine, but you could stay in a higher end hotel that does offer a military rate and pay for parking at the airport for cheaper than the Hampton, something I didn’t realise until after I had booked and passed the cancellation deadline.

The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable, I’ll give them that. But, only two towels in the room and I would barely call them larger than hand towels, they certainly didn’t cover my pregnant wife... and no towel for her hair unless I was willing to not shower!

Everything is paper too, the cups in the room, the plates at breakfast and plastic knives and forks. For $300 for the night I expect real cutlery to eat my breakfast with and I don’t think chinaware is too much to ask, it’s better for the planet after all. At breakfast we used a total of 5 paper cups, 2 paper plates and two sets of plastic cutlery, and we were trying to be environmentally conscious.

Finally, the staff, ok in the main though not as friendly as most hotel staff I have encountered. But in the evening I went downstairs to get a cup of tea for my wife (yes, you have to go down the lift to the lobby for a tea bag as the rooms don’t have them; in fact, whilst they do have a coffee machine you still have to go to the lobby for milk) I asked the front desk if they had any herbal tea. Unfortunately they don’t, not to worry I thought, I would just endure the wrath of my pregnant wife not getting what she wants, but it’s not the end of the world... then at breakfast they did have herbal teas available, so the only conclusion I can make is that the staff on the front desk are just too lazy to look for something the guests need.

In short, the Hampton is falling short of the service I would expect at this price. My advice, stay at the Le Germain in town and pay for parking at the airport.

Stayed: June 2018
Stephanie G, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. I was disappointed to hear of your experience and do know that one of our Front Office Manager's has already reached out to you directly.

If I can be of any assistance further to this, please feel free to contact me directly at 587-390-0981.

Stpehanie
Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Best hotel ever!!!! Hotel staffs are superb accomodating!!!!❤️ They pay attention to your needs.... My son enjoyed the pool area: clean and warm water!!! Angela is bestest here! She made sure our event is going smoothly!!!!❤️ She is the reason we keep coming back here especially for events!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for sharing the fantastic news about your recent experience! I have shared your compliments with the team and Angela on your behalf!

Thank you for including us in your travels, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night to get over the jetlag. Spacious room with complimentary breakfast. The breakfast spread was good enough. The waffle was great. There's a gym and swimming pool. Near to airport with free shuttle. Just call em up at the airport info counter-there's a phone that you can use to call. Note:very difficult to get a sim card at the airport. We had to head to a mall.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing the news about your recent visit! It is a pleasure to hear that your overall stay was not only convenient but was also comfortable!

Thank you for choosing us for your stop over, we hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you through Calgary!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Stayed for one night in transit.Excellent property with view
of Calgary airport. Staff was very cordial and helpful.Very
conveniently located and rates are very reasonable. Breakfast
spread was quite big in size .
I will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Stephanie G, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I was delighted to know that your stay was comfortable and that the team provided helpful service. I have shared your compliments with them on your behalf.

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Calgary Airport North, we can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stay here during our 2 week trip through Canada. This was the best hotel we stayed at during our whole trip. All of the staff members were friendly and helpful. Our room was big and spacious and clean. The bed was cozy and soft. We paid a fair price here. The hotel even got our credit card company to waive our international fee since we live in the United States. That is what we call “super service”. The hotel is easily accessible from AB Route 2 (Deerfoot Trail) at Exit 266. The hotel is in a quiet location and we never heard a peep while we were here. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing the fantastic news about your recent visit! I was thrilled to hear that the team provided exceptional service to ensure your stay was a great one! I have thanked them on your behalf.

Thank you for including the Hampton Inn Calgary Airport North in your travels, we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!