“Great food keeps me coming back”

Midtown Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #311 of 3,684 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I just discovered Midtown Kitchen & Bar a few months ago but have been back 8 times. Being a creature of habit, I always order the grilled romaine salad and sometimes the half dozen raw oysters. Fantastic food, friendly service and cool vibe will keep me coming back. Even though I always have the romaine salad, my dining companions have sampled everything from burgers, to fish & chips to pulled chicken sandwiches. No one is ever disappointed. It's by far the best place to enjoy a casual meal in Kensington. Try the grilled romaine salad. 10/10!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Tried this place on a sunny Friday after work. When we arrived we waited a few minutes for outdoor seating which was great!! It's a busy street so lots of people watching and the location offers sun until late in the evening so it's nice and warm, but, they also offer umbrellas for shade. We ordered tempura green beans for a starter....delicious, and for mains, the pesto chicken flatbread and Italian burger. The flatbread was very good and is served like a pizza so would also make a great sharing dish. The burger was good but a little more well done than my husband would like. Our server was excellent....so helpful, attentive and friendly, we would definitely go back to Midtown.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Awesome food! I can't get enough of the burger, it is sooo good! They prepare their meals with as much local ingredients as possible which is really nice. The atmosphere, the staff, the location....just great! They also only have craft beer on tap, which is a HUGE plus! If you haven't been there yet, you gotta go, you will not regret! :-)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We randomly chose this neighbourhood pub for an early dinner and were very happy with our decision. My friend and I split the Midtown Burger with Parmesan fries. The burger was one the best I've had in a long time and the fries were delicious. We also split the Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They weren't spectacular but our server Meghan was super helpful and offered to add another one to the plate (for a small additional charge) so we had an even number. Great service and excellent food. If I lived in Calgary I'd definitely visit regularly.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had heard about Midtown and was eager to visit an "upscale" pub. The beer menu was pretty good though the number of beers on tap compared to some of the new places opened in Calgary is small - the prices were good. I had the fish and chips and was quite happy with the way it was made though I was sure the tartar sauce was not freshly made. My wife had a nice chicken sandwich - the food was really quite well done though not too many "upscale" twists on bar food. The décor is nice - a good place to watch the game on the various screens, but as soon as more people came it became quite noisy. All in all it was nice supper - I will go back.