“Catering to the customer”
Review of Pho Kim Restaurant

Pho Kim Restaurant
Ranked #544 of 3,874 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We visited Pho Kim during our visit to Calgary. The food was delicious but more impressive was the way they adapted to the needs of my wife and her gluten allergy. Our initial server informed us they had some options but would need to get additional assistance. Garrick (management) stopped by to discuss what options he could cook up in the kitchen, he made some calls to verify the ingredients were GF. He tailored to her needs. It would have been pretty easy for him just to give us the menu option however he went the extra mile to make sure my wife had a positive dining experience. Garrick reminded us of what true service is in the restaurant industry. Lost art for most restuarants but this place still has it.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

My boyfriend’s friend invited my boyfriend and me to have Vietnamese food for lunch when we came back from Toronto during the weekend. I am not a Vietnamese food fan. But, the one we had, was very great. We went to Pho Kim’s Vietnamese Noodle House for lunch. It located on Centre B St NW, Calgary, AB T2M 2R5. It is a very big restaurant, has two floors. We arrived the restaurant around 12 pm right on the lunchtime. The restaurant was very full already. We were very lucky to find a table Upstairs. We all had the Noodle Soup with beef ball, rare beef, flank, tripe & tendon with different sizes. I had a small size, my boyfriend had large, and his friend had x large. All the noodle soup was in the large portion. They were all very well cooked and fresh. Even though I don’t really like the Vietnamese Noodle Soup, I really enjoy having noodles at Pho Kim’s. Very great experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Pho Kim is a good place to eat out and meet friends. Conveniently located near downtown without the hassle of parking problem, Pho Kim Restaurant is a good place to meet friends for lunch or dinner. It has plenty of tables with different sizes for your group, the food is very good and the menu offers a variety of different Vietnamese dishes to choose from. The price is quite economical compared to any other Canadian Restaurant. The service is good. I would recommend this for a casual meeting but not for business as it could be noisy and not very elegant.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

To be honest I never heard of this place. My daughter who's high school is only a few blocks away has been eating at Pho Kim on the average of two to three time's a week and has been nagging the **** out of me to try it.

Frankly I have a "special" pho place I eat at and trust. The thought of eating some place else would be like having an affair. She won in the end and I went..still feeling dirty about it.

The food was great, when we walked in they greeted us with smiles and addressed my daughter my her name.

The portions are generous and the service was fast.They have a great way to order your food that I hadn't seen at "my Pho" They also came around mutable times through out our meal asking if we needed any or if we had an issues with the food.

Frankly this was a refreshing change of scenery. Like a cheating spouse that can't get enough of his mistress, I'm in love with this place. The prices are a little high compared to to other places, but is worth it.

There is parking around the restaurant but you will have to pay for it.

Try Pho Kim for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I've been to a lot of great pho places, and this one ranks among the top. Portions are very generous, and the ingredients they use are good quality, not the cheap stuff you find in so many viet places. Reasonably priced for the great taste and quality.