“Good Lunch at Ceili's”

Ceili's Modern Irish Pub Royal Oak
Ranked #433 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ceili’s Modern Irish Pub started “pouring the pints” back in 1999 and the taps have not turned off since!We currently operate 6 high-profile pubs in Western Canada, 3 in Calgary and 3 in the greater Vancouver area.Whichever of our pubs you may be visiting, expect that you will be greeted with a warm smile, a cold beer and local hospitality.
Cochrane, Canada
“Good Lunch at Ceili's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and I had a late lunch at Ceili's today. We had never been to this pub before. I had fish tacos and my husband had the Thai noodle bowl. We were both happy with our choices...once they arrived! We found that the wait time from ordering to serving took longer than it should but, once the food arrived, it was very good. The service was excellent.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Percypup

Calgary
“Okay food, okay service, but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed by Ceili's Royal Oak. Newly opened, the decor is quite warm and inviting, and I was looking forward to some hearty pub fare. Our server was obviously new to the trade, but made up for her lack of experience with friendliness and enthusiasm. Our food was just average....the fish and chips were flavorful, but the presentation of the fish was disappointing, looking like two large rolled fish sticks. The fries were quite miniscule portion-wise and were extremely overcooked, to the point of being hard and crunchy. The beef dip was tasty, but was quite small compared to most others I've had, and was accompanied by the aforementioned overcooked fries. It took quite a while to get our drinks and food....there was nothing speedy about the service. Perhaps it will take some time for things to settle in....hopefully the quality and quantity of the food and the pace of service will improve in the future.

• Visited December 2013