“Comfortable, fun stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
NW Ontario
“Comfortable, fun stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights to attend a concert at Chrome Showroom in the casino. Staff was friendly and helpful. We lost our 2nd key and they replaced it right away without issue. Rooms comfortable and clean. A little bottle of scope mouthwash is part of the toiletries provided, nice touch. In room coffee maker (with starbucks coffee) and fridge (no microwave).
The cab from airport cost $68 as the hotel is quite far from anything else. However, there is a Denny's and convenience store within walking distance if you'd like to have breakfast out and need to stock up on supplies (breakfast a bit pricey at hotel restaurant). Really enjoyed prime rib dinner at Mohave Grill and seafood buffet at casino, tasty and reasonably priced. Nice pool although geared more towards kids. Fitness area clean.
Casino quite fun, and lot of food options in there as well. If you are attending concert or there only for casino, this hotel is great option. If not, it's a bit far from anything else and may get a bit boring after awhile.

Room Tip: 7th floor very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aagha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Newmarket, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed here on business for 2 days because the location was conveniently close to the office my meetings were at. I'm not sure if the location is convenient for travellers in general, being away from the downtown and away from the airport, but it was for my specific meetings.

It's a nice place. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and reasonably priced. Free wireless internet was very useful, especially because I had to stay connected for business purposes.

The food options are good, and the casino, while simple, offers some unique entertainment options.

I certainly wouldn't pick this hotel as a vacation destination, but it's a fine place to stay when travelling on business. As my meetings were not held in the Deerfoot Inn, I can't comment on their business meeting facilities.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DCH_in_Canada
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I've stayed at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino about a half a dozen times or so with my wife and our kids, we always get a King Jacuzzi Suite and always are happy, guest services will give you a treat bag for your little ones and the pool is for both adults, kids and it has a toddler area. There is a Mohave Grill located just outside the lobby that offers Sunday buffet brunch and of course there is a casino. We always enjoy our stay and any concerns, questions or special requests are dealt with emmediately. Will definately stay again.

Room Tip: it is not located near downtown or the airport, you will need a rental car because the majority of C...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cjheuvel
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear cjheuvel,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled you decided to share your experience with us. It is our goal to provide the best level of service to our guests, and we are grateful you have allowed us to show you our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. We would love to welcome you back for another visit any time.

Warm Regards,

Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and 10 month old son stayed here for a family vacation during a business trip I had in Calgary. The conference was in the hotel, so I paid a conference rate for the room ($189/nt fees&tx incl). I found the staff very friendly and accommodating.

We had a king bed with hide-a-bed on the first floor. We had a lot of room service from Mohave Grill b/c we didn't want to risk taking our son to the restaurant and having him want to run around. The room service was prompt and friendly.

We tried out the kiddy pool but left after 10 mins b/c I found the water way too chilly for even myself.

During our 3 nt stay I had to ask for a microwave (to heat up bottles and food) and they brought it promptly, but the breaker blew when I ran the microwave and had bathroom lights on at same time...they promptly flipped the breaker back on too. They also brought us a playpen on our last night soon after I asked. Very pleased with their quick service.

I noticed other hotel guests with their dogs as soon as we arrived, b/c a large dog was acting aggressive towards a smaller dog and the owner of the large dog seemed nervous about controlling her dog. Which made me quite nervous seeing as we were bringing our <1 yr son to the hotel. The smaller dog was in a room just down the hall from us (perhaps even next door) as we often heard it barking for the first full day of our stay. I made the joke to my husband that we have been sanctioned off to a part of the hotel reserved for people with pets and babies. When I was checking out I mentioned the dog and they said we should have called the front desk and that that guest had been asked to leave b/c others had complained.

Overall, the close proximity to the Deerfoot and to the shopping centre at 134th(?) AVE SE makes this an ideal hotel to stay at.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Prairie_Traveller24
Swift Current, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

We booked into this hotel because of location and $139 for a king bed. Really nice lobby, quick and friendly check in, quick elevators so never had to wait for one. The room was comfortable, and my wife is BIG on having a "cushy" bed. Everything was clean except the top of the coffee maker. Fantastic shower head and lots of hot water, temperature in the room was accurate and the heater/air conditioner was quiet, which is big for me, being a lighter sleeper. Security was on regular patrol and everything was quiet even with weddings and other events going on. The complimentary cookie and bottle of water was a nice touch, as were the flavored pitchers of water in the lobby. All in all a good experience, friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. Will certainly book there our next stay in Calgary.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and were accommodated as such.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kelsey A
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

I have stayed @ the Deerfoot Inn and Casino several times. I have always loved their customer service, The rooms are perfectly laid out for the size of my family, The Mohave Grill is delicious, if maybe a little slow sometimes, the service is tolerable. I stayed there this last week end with my husband, 3 daughters and my son. The room was not the one we normally stayed in, it was a suit and much smaller. I also noticed there was alot of noise that filtered through the walls, the ceiling and the floor. I called the front desk asking for a cot, blankets, pillows etc( I had also asked for these items when I reserved this room online a week before.) I had to call down a second time about 2.5hours later to ask if someone would be up soon as my kids were ready for bed. The bellman told us he had taken the items to the wrong room. The next morning my family and I went to enjoy the amazing water park they have there, as my daughters and I were changing a male housekeeper walked through the womans change room. I was pretty surprised. I did bring this up to the front desk and they apologized to me and my husband.

Room Tip: I prefered the family suits.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank fadsandfamily
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear fadsanfamily,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies regarding your concerns. Privacy is something that we do take very seriously at our property. It is our hotel policy to close the change room and always knock prior to entry for our pool area while cleaning. We certainly hope that this incident will not change your positive opinion of our property as we strive daily to ensure that our guests feel safe and are able to fully experience all the fun that we have to offer. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact us anytime here at the hotel.

Best Regards,

Toulouse
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

We booked a Western Suite. Only the large bathroom is correct. The tiny room is furnished as in the 1970s. The room was not even a window! The set is not very clean and everything is worn and outdated.
In short, expensive, dark, sad, avoid!

Room Tip: Don't book Western Suite !
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PSI31
Dear PSI31,

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your stay in our Cowboy Theme Suite. I would like to express my apologies that you didn’t enjoy your stay in this room. I would also like to mention that this room as advertised is 600sq/ft. There is in fact a large window in the living area with a view facing Calgary’s downtown core. The furniture is western oriented and includes a set of western themed bunk beds and a private king bedroom. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time in our theme suite. We also have a variety of other suites to accommodate yourself and your family if the Cowboy suite is not your preference. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us as we value all the comments that we receive from our guests.

Best Regards,