“great hotel with casino - concerts - mohave grill”

Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“great hotel with casino - concerts - mohave grill”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Our family enjoyed two days at Deerfoot Inn and Casino in June. Our main reason for choosing this hotel in Calgary was the Greaseball Bash (hot rod car show and entertainment). We also very much enjoyed the great pool area, us parents mostly sitting in one of the two hot tubs, our kids swimming and using the water slide. The pool was open very early in the morning to late at night. Our dinner at the mohave grill was excellent, nice to have the restaurant in the same building. For adults only: same building offers a casino and within the casino two more restaurants with live music, one place played country music, the other on request dancing music. The hotel was awesome in having one parking lot reserved for the classic car show on Saturday. We will return for such an event. The rates are rather high, so if you won't use the pool, access to the casino and indoor access to mohave grill, maybe you find a better suited and cheeper hotel. But if you like all of the above, it is a good value. Also, the rooms were very quiet, clean, nice service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RoundTheWorld365

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Wow! I arrived at the hotel late in the evening only to find out that I had booked the wrong hotel using the toll free line advertised online. and there was no availability for the type of room I thought I had booked. When faced with a choice of taking a theme suite at significantly more than originally planned, or trying to find another hotel, the front desk staff phoned several hotels for me to find a room to meet my needs and budget. No luck as there was a convention in town and hotel rooms were scarce.

Rather than spend more time trying to find a hotel, I opted to stay in the Cowboy suite. When I came in the door, the bed had been turned down, soft music was playing, and the lights throughout the suite had been turned on. To add to the experience, there was a basket of complementary treats and bottled water. This two bedroom suite features leather furniture, a second bedroom with bunk beds and wicked outdoor themed painted walls, big screen TV, free internet, and robes so thick it's ridiculous! On the second night rather than change rooms, I decided to treat myself and stay in the suite for the second night. I was not disappointed!

Amenities are fabulous and the ability to go to the casino was a nice treat. Definitely a great experience from customer service to ambiance. A bit pricey, but the experience is worthwhile.

Room Tip: The location of the Cowboy suite is excellent - very quiet! Just make sure if you book using the onl...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Linlor3
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Dear Linlor3,

Thank You for sharing your experience with us here at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled we were able to meet your expectations. It is always very satisfying knowing that we have pleased another of our guests and we are able to extend our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. Thank you again for taking the time to share your satisfaction. We look very forward to having you back as our guest on your next visit to Calgary.

Best Regards,

Bryce Reid
NW Ontario
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights to attend a concert at Chrome Showroom in the casino. Staff was friendly and helpful. We lost our 2nd key and they replaced it right away without issue. Rooms comfortable and clean. A little bottle of scope mouthwash is part of the toiletries provided, nice touch. In room coffee maker (with starbucks coffee) and fridge (no microwave).
The cab from airport cost $68 as the hotel is quite far from anything else. However, there is a Denny's and convenience store within walking distance if you'd like to have breakfast out and need to stock up on supplies (breakfast a bit pricey at hotel restaurant). Really enjoyed prime rib dinner at Mohave Grill and seafood buffet at casino, tasty and reasonably priced. Nice pool although geared more towards kids. Fitness area clean.
Casino quite fun, and lot of food options in there as well. If you are attending concert or there only for casino, this hotel is great option. If not, it's a bit far from anything else and may get a bit boring after awhile.

Room Tip: 7th floor very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelphoodie1979
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed here on business for 2 days because the location was conveniently close to the office my meetings were at. I'm not sure if the location is convenient for travellers in general, being away from the downtown and away from the airport, but it was for my specific meetings.

It's a nice place. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and reasonably priced. Free wireless internet was very useful, especially because I had to stay connected for business purposes.

The food options are good, and the casino, while simple, offers some unique entertainment options.

I certainly wouldn't pick this hotel as a vacation destination, but it's a fine place to stay when travelling on business. As my meetings were not held in the Deerfoot Inn, I can't comment on their business meeting facilities.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DCH_in_Canada
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I've stayed at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino about a half a dozen times or so with my wife and our kids, we always get a King Jacuzzi Suite and always are happy, guest services will give you a treat bag for your little ones and the pool is for both adults, kids and it has a toddler area. There is a Mohave Grill located just outside the lobby that offers Sunday buffet brunch and of course there is a casino. We always enjoy our stay and any concerns, questions or special requests are dealt with emmediately. Will definately stay again.

Room Tip: it is not located near downtown or the airport, you will need a rental car because the majority of C...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cjheuvel
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear cjheuvel,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled you decided to share your experience with us. It is our goal to provide the best level of service to our guests, and we are grateful you have allowed us to show you our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. We would love to welcome you back for another visit any time.

Warm Regards,

Bryce Reid
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and 10 month old son stayed here for a family vacation during a business trip I had in Calgary. The conference was in the hotel, so I paid a conference rate for the room ($189/nt fees&tx incl). I found the staff very friendly and accommodating.

We had a king bed with hide-a-bed on the first floor. We had a lot of room service from Mohave Grill b/c we didn't want to risk taking our son to the restaurant and having him want to run around. The room service was prompt and friendly.

We tried out the kiddy pool but left after 10 mins b/c I found the water way too chilly for even myself.

During our 3 nt stay I had to ask for a microwave (to heat up bottles and food) and they brought it promptly, but the breaker blew when I ran the microwave and had bathroom lights on at same time...they promptly flipped the breaker back on too. They also brought us a playpen on our last night soon after I asked. Very pleased with their quick service.

I noticed other hotel guests with their dogs as soon as we arrived, b/c a large dog was acting aggressive towards a smaller dog and the owner of the large dog seemed nervous about controlling her dog. Which made me quite nervous seeing as we were bringing our <1 yr son to the hotel. The smaller dog was in a room just down the hall from us (perhaps even next door) as we often heard it barking for the first full day of our stay. I made the joke to my husband that we have been sanctioned off to a part of the hotel reserved for people with pets and babies. When I was checking out I mentioned the dog and they said we should have called the front desk and that that guest had been asked to leave b/c others had complained.

Overall, the close proximity to the Deerfoot and to the shopping centre at 134th(?) AVE SE makes this an ideal hotel to stay at.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Prairie_Traveller24
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We booked into this hotel because of location and $139 for a king bed. Really nice lobby, quick and friendly check in, quick elevators so never had to wait for one. The room was comfortable, and my wife is BIG on having a "cushy" bed. Everything was clean except the top of the coffee maker. Fantastic shower head and lots of hot water, temperature in the room was accurate and the heater/air conditioner was quiet, which is big for me, being a lighter sleeper. Security was on regular patrol and everything was quiet even with weddings and other events going on. The complimentary cookie and bottle of water was a nice touch, as were the flavored pitchers of water in the lobby. All in all a good experience, friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. Will certainly book there our next stay in Calgary.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and were accommodated as such.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple