“Nice hotel, poorly laid out”

Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Nice hotel, poorly laid out”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I liked the hotel and the room however we wanted to be able to park outside of our room to keep an eye on the car (vintage hot rod). When we did park we found out that we could only enter the hotel from the front entrance and had to walk a llllllll the ay around to get into the building!!! Would have been nice to know from the front desk staff especially when I made a point of asking about the parking and where I needed to park to see my car from the room. Did not make for a happy first impression.

Room Tip: stay at the Marriott
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cobravii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Good food at all places. Wildhorse pub has some great waitresses. Prices were high, but I believe they were worth it. Casino was nice & clean. Staff seemed friendly, and more than willing to direct or answer any questions.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bdog252
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear bdog252,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us here at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next visit to Calgary please feel free to let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your stay. We are always happy to get special requests as they help us to ensure the best possible experience for all our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest again. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We all had a great time in Calgary. The girls played some awesome lacrosse. Out of the 5 teams we had at the tournament we won 2 Gold and 1 Silver, which really helps promote Raiders Lacrosse.

Everything at the DFIC was terrific, hats off to the two of you and all your staff. Meals were great and everybody had nice comments. Thank you for the Mackenzie Towne Room it was enjoyed by all five teams and was a great place to meet and visit. The DFIC is always a great 2nd home when people travel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank D E
Dear D E,

Best Regards,

sherwood park
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Many thanks to the Deerfoot Inn and Casino for the past weekend. I have booked many teams for Club and National events. The professionalism and friendliness of the DFIC cannot be matched. Check in was done with ease and quickly so all team players and staff were looked after ASAP. The accomodations were supplied as per the rooming list and no waiting around for the young players. If you need to book a TEAM ... this is the hotel for you !!

Room Tip: If you need to book a TEAM ... this is the hotel for you !!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lisa g
Dear lisa g,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled you decided to share your experience with us. It is our goal to provide the best level of service to our guests, and we are grateful you have allowed us to show you our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. We would love to welcome you back for another visit any time.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Just finished a lacrosse tournament for our kids and stayed at Deerfoot for our first time. Absolutely excellent experience. Team was treated so well. Great food and service in the Mohave grill, nice clean rooms with Starbucks coffee and fridge. Pool was clean, fresh towels and kids had a blast. Would highly recommend staying here. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Jsjones8
Dear Jsjones8,

Red Deer
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is the second time staying at this hotel and both times have been enjoyable stays. The front desk staff were pleasant to deal with and were very professional at doing their job us. The cleaning staff were friendly always smiling and talkative when walking by them in the hallways.

The hotel has been clean and comfortable for both the times we stayed here. The carpets may be dated but which hotel doesn't have dated after a year or two. We stay here because we enjoy the romance rooms for an evening get away, don't really care what the hallway carpets look like.

We have not had a problem with noisy neighbours or kids running up and down the halls. It is a place that we will continue to stay for those special evenings.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin L
Dear Kevin L,

Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I reserved a room under a team booking code and showed up at the hotel only to be told I didn't have a reservation. My confirmation number was left at home so I was told I was out of luck as the hotel was sold out for the weekend. I was put up at a neighbouring hotel but had a devastated son at not being able to stay with the rest of his team. I was treated very poorly by hotel front desk staff because I didn't have a confirmation number with me so nobody believed I had made a reservation. Not only was my reservation "lost" but there were other people booked under our team code that were not on our roster and 2 of the families had more than one room reserved under their name when they had only reserved one. Unfortunately, those rooms were resold to other guests before I arrived. It was a nightmare for most of our team to book rooms so it shouldn't surprise me that my reservation went missing. There's also the issue of what happened to my personal information, including my credit card number, that I gave to the booking clerk over the phone. I was eventually moved to the DFIC on the second night and had a rough sleep as we were put in a room near the elevators and had to contend with yelling in the hallways until about 3 in the morning. When I got home and phoned the manager with my confirmation number so he could look into what happened to my booking, he accused me of giving me another guest's confirmation number! Extremely condescending attitude by most of the staff I encountered! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Too much trouble, not cheap and you may end up with no room!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jnoname
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Jnoname,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. We are very sorry to hear that you were confused about the reservation process that was set up by your team. I am very happy that we were able to accommodate you at our sister property for the evening and that our director of sales was able to get you with the team for the remainder of your stay. We always try to ensure that all our guests are able to share in the unique quality of service that we have to offer. There was certainly no lack of effort to ensure that you were well looked after. We are sorry that your opinion of your experience is not better after our attempts to ensure that you were well accommodated. Thank you again for sharing your experience.