“Club Volleyball Team”

Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Ranked #35 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We have stayed twice now this past 2013 club volleyball season at this hotel, and there are many positives to mention. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, the room was very clean, and the service in every area was wonderful. The complimentary breakfast in the restaurant was great, and it was very handy to have a restaurant to eat at without leaving the hotel. I loved having the access to so many amenities right at our fingertips. The only negative was that our room was situated very close to the elevators, and we heard people very loudly coming and going at all hours of the night, some of them banging on our door as they passed by (inebriated) waking us both up throughout the entire night, which was not optimal since we had to be up by 5:30 am. and had some long days ahead of us. I did mention this to the checkout staff, who politely indicated that next time to ask for a room upon booking that was not close to the elevators. So that would be a tip for any sports teams staying there that may want to get some sleep at night. Otherwise, a very comfortable and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room that is not close to the elevators to avoid the many visitors that are there f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Brenda G,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us here at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We’re always very happy to get compliments on our property and quality of service. We look very forward to your next stay with us in Calgary.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I were going to Calgary for a quick visit with family. We had our anniversary the same week so we decided to book a night at the Deerfoot Hotel and Casino. I had mentioned when I booked the room, that we were celebrating. And when we checked in we were upgraded to the jacuzzi suite, it was on the top floor, spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a complimentary bottle of wine, snacks, chocolates, comfy robes, lots of towels and Evian water waiting for us.
Bryce at the front desk, as well as on the phone, was professional and absolutely accommodating to whatever we needed. Such a pleasure to deal with and to have met. The staff were all pleasant, we had dinner only in the Mohave Grill, food was decent, service good, price was as expected.
The casino could have been a bit more generous but we had a great time.
I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it. We did not go to the pool, but it looked like alot of fun. I think next time we will bring our daughter so she can enjoy the water-slides etc.
Easy to get to if your travels take you to the south end of Calgary.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sun987

Dear sun987,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enjoyable stay with us. I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations for your special occasion and that you enjoyed our facility during your time with us. We are also very glad to see that you have also returned to our facility for another great stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed three nights at the Deerfoot for a baseball tournament. We are a family of six so had a business suite. There was a separate bedroom wtih a king bed, a hide-a-bed, and two cots in our room - and still lots of space to walk around. The bathroom had a long counter with two sinks, a stand up shower, as well as a bathtub with a shower. We had a fridge (no microwave) and were supplied with bottled water and a little basket of snacks (included with the room). When we arrived in our room the lamps were on and soft music was playing. The whole hotel is very clean and well run. We have stayed here before and will stay again.

The kids love the pool with the waterslide. There is also a small water play area for very young children, and two hot tubs. The casino is well kept and has many new games. With our room we received vouchers for the breakfast buffet for every day of our stay, which was very good. The buffet was nothing fancy, but had all the essentials.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TinkToo
Bryce R, Public Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear TinktToo

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled you decided to share your experience with us. It is our goal to provide the best level of service to our guests, and we are grateful you have allowed us to show you our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. We would love to welcome you back for another visit any time.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before as many industry conferences that I attend are held here. I stayed during the week of July 8-12, 2013 which also coincided with the Calgary Stampede. I ended up getting a king suite on the 4th floor for $219/nt. I was ultra-impressed with the spaciousness and amenities in the room. Yummy smelling Bath & Body works products, large bathroom with double sinks, bathub and walk-in shower, complimentary snacks and water, digital weigh scale (a bit odd), ice already in the ice bucket, and a complimentary iPad for use during your stay.

I ate supper in Mohave Grill ($25 w tip; ice tea to drink) and ordered breakfast into my room ($16 w tip; no beverage). Very much enjoyed the granola, yogurt and fruit combo for breakfast.

While I stay here out of necessity, it truly is a nice hotel.

I saw another comment that you can only go in/out the main entrance. I understand that has to do with the fact that it has a casino attached to it, so entry/exitways are limited.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Prairie_Traveller24
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The rooms have a REALLY bad smell (stayed in 2 different ones as the first smelt so bad). The food is horrible and over priced. And worst of all the Casino staff are the worst I have ever seen! I saw these men being over served swearing, and this poor lady said something to them and she was kicked out!!! Then 4 male security guards man-handled her with excessive force and were hurting her! WOW I will never ever come back! Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else!

THE WORST!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SpicyCalgary
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel is new, fresh and vibrant, Nice clean rooms, and friendly staff, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family, The food was good, and the halls for our meetings were clean and well stocked for the needs of the people there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stringfellow2011
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The room (King deluxe) was comfortable and well designed with a couch and sitting area. We were travelling with friends and they had arrived ahead of us. Trying to contact them when we arrived I tried to call the front desk for their room number. Three tries and I was forwarded to an answering machine each time. I finally called long distance on my cell to discover they were in the room next door. The staff seemed only marginally interested in our comfort and well being when checking in at the desk - get the credit card imprint and send them off to the room as quickly as possible. One of the clerks was eating dinner, or something, and wasn't concerned about the fact that there were customers at the desk. Check out in the morning went quickly enough. We would normally avoid hotels with casinos or cabarets but this was the recommended hotel for the event we were attending, and included a reception in the casino the evening we were there. Following the reception we went to the hotel lounge for a night cap. We were informed on our arrival at he lounge that it was last call but shortly after being served a large group arrived and the lounge remained open after our departure.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends