“Excellent experience ”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary-Airport
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Excellent experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for the weekend, the experience was wonderful. We stayed in a king studio, the room was spacious and more than we could ask for.The staff were great and the hotel was clean and very inviting. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone I know.

Stayed August 2014
Arif P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary-Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us from your recent stay. I’m glad that you enjoyed the property thoroughly. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will be sure to share your comments with our Team. We take a lot of pride in our service and property and generous reviews such as yours keep us motivated.

Thank you for the motivation!

Arif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was a great, quiet place to stay for the weekend. The rooms were clean and well equipped, the included breakfast was good and included suppers on weekdays looked fantastic. If you're taking a shuttle from the airport, get on the Park N Go shuttle at Pillar #3, outside Door #5 on the Arrivals Level. This hotel is near the airport, so ideal for those travellers using YYC but not close to many things "to do". If you're looking for a great Italian restaurant, Pancini is quite close by and very good. There's also great shopping at Cross Iron Mills, just a short cab ride away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Summeroffun08,

Thank you for a superb review and comments about practically every aspect of our hotel. These are some great tips for teh fellow travellers, one change from the time you were ehre, the Calgary Airport Authority recently renumbered all pillars, and although our shuttle runs from the exact same sport opposite Gate 5, the pillar # has been changed to 24. Additionally our shuttle now also ferries our guests to the Pacini which like you mentioned is a fantastic restaurant.
Thanks you once again for your review and tips. We look forward to hosting your stay in near future!

Mantua, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. I know that the position is not good if you don't have a car but how can you travel without a car in Canada?! By the way the bedrooms are perfect! I was there with my parents and we booked a suites for four. There were a brand new furniture, and the bedroom was really big!
Oh my gosh the breakfast is amazing! Eggs waffle English muffins bacon and everything else that you want.
The price is really good and the breakfast is include!
I really recommend this hotel!
Enjoy your stay :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Serena,

We couldn’t be happier to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your lovely review! Our complimentary breakfasts and hospitality hours are always great and we are so glad to hear you were able to enjoy them! Our modernized rooms are clean and we do our very best to make that our number one priority! Thank you again for your kind words! We look forward to your future travels to the area!

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four days last week while our bathroom was being renovated. We booked our suite via Expedia and the site indicated that there was room service available but that wasn't the case. In fact, there is no restaurant on site at either the Homesuites or the adjoining Hampton Inn. The Hampton has a lounge that serves appetizer type food and there are about 5 items to choose from. There isn't anywhere to eat that is close, you will need to drive to find a place. We brought some staples from home but there isn't an oven, only a stove top and a microwave, so what you can cook is limited.

The room itself (104) was really nice and spacious, looked relatively brand new and still had that new carpet smell when we entered. The room was about 550sq feet and separated into a small kitchen area complete with a full size fridge and dishwasher. In the kitchen area there is also a small table with two chairs for eating at. We personally used it for both eating and working at as there is no desk/work station. In the same room there is a living area with a sofa bed couch, a large leather chair, ottoman and a flat screen t.v., situated on a chest of drawers. Very serviceable even if the couch wasn't the most comfortable to sit on. There is a good variety of t.v. channels and some of them are in HD.

The second room houses a king size bed, bathroom and a small closet. There is a second t.v. in the bedroom and a door is attached if you wish to close it for privacy or noise control separate to the living room. Black out drapes and sheers are provided. We had our two french bulldogs with us so the 1st floor location was our only choice. There was surprisingly a lot of natural light coming in through the windows in the living area/bedroom and my dogs thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine streaming in. Very modern decor without looking over done and everything worked as it should. Our room faced the main sidewalk between the hotels but the building is set back enough that you don't have to worry about anyone walking directly in front of your windows. We also found that there was impressive sound proofing in the building. Unless people where directly outside our door, we heard nothing, not even the planes flying overhead.

The hotel offers a quality breakfast buffet with hot/cold items. It's a bit chaotic with kids and adults all trying to make waffles or grab the last muffin so early morning is better if you prefer selection and a quieter atmosphere. Buffet times are M-F 6am-10am, Sat/Sun 6:30am-10:30am. There is also a dinner service provided and we found the Mon-Thurs menu on the front of the fridge, no service Fri-Sun. We didn't partake in the dinners so I cannot comment on the quality/taste of the food.

I suppose the only other thing I would have liked changed, besides no onsite food source, would be the bathroom sink located outside of the actual bathroom. It proved noisy when one of us was using it and at night, the lights had to be turned on outside of the bathroom to use the toilet and to use the sink. Not very fun for the person who WAS sleeping. The closet that is set between the sink/vanity and bathroom is a bit cramped and the doors proved an annoyance if opened while another person was using the sink. Not the best lay out, IMO.

I would stay here again and would recommend to people in need of a pet friendly place and a kitchenette style suite.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 222roxanne
Dear Roxanne,

Fantastic job in describing the room to the very last detail, I wonder if we could have done half good a job.

Homewood Suites is the upscale extended stay brand that provides a warm, home-like experience for guests who spend a good bit of time away from home. We strive to meet both the physical and emotional needs of comfort to create a unique and authentic sense of home-like belonging. When guests experience Homewood Suites, we want them to feel totally comfortable, like a member of the family, and not just a guest. Our modernized rooms are clean and we do our very best to make that our number one priority!

Pennsylvania, US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked a 2 bedroom suite for our recent stay at this new hotel. It's next to the Hampton Inn and a Hilton is under construction as well. Front desk service was excellent. The rooms were very clean and towels were great. I recommend arriving early at breakfast as it got crowded and the staff had trouble keeping the supplies stocked later. If you want the complimentary dinner, it's served Mon-Thurs evenings with beer and wine available for purchase. Convenient access to the airport and downtown Calgary, as well as a great place before/after a visit to the Canadian Rockies, which are 1-2 hours from the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nylady21
Dear Nylady21,

I look forward to host you stay with us in near future.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently stayed with a large group of people over the August long weekend. I am very impressed with the helpfulness of the staff, as well as the hotel amenities. Great place for families -- I reserved the rooms via phone (and quite last minute) and they did everything to ensure we at least had enough rooms for everyone, have the rooms close to each other, as well as give me the best price they could offer. It is close to the airport, so the sound of airplanes taking off/landing might bother the ultra-light sleepers. The comfort of the beds helped me sleep soundly though. I will definitely return, and I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Arif P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary-Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Julienne,

We look forward to playing hosts to you very soon!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I wanted a quick get away for the weekend. Booked at the Homewood Suites for 2 nights and couldn't have asked for more. The location yes is near the airport but very close to the Deerfoot so convenient to get to most places in Calgary. Check-in was quick, rooms very spacious, entire hotel extremely clean and the staff all very friendly. Saw the planes arriving but rarely heard any noise from the jets. The breakfast offered a nice variety each day. Did hit the pool but it seemed to have people enjoying a refreshing swim both day and night!

Would I go back, definitely yes, would I recommend... in a heartbeat! Way better than staying downtown, in my opinion!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Balsa,

Thank you for a superb review and comments about practically every aspect of our hotel. I am so please to hear how much you enjoyed the quality of our facility and the service you received. It is wonderful to hear when we meet or exceed our guests expectations.

Feedback such as yours inspires us to continually strive to deliver the best possible experience for our guests, as we are dedicated in creating a revolution in the hospitality industry.