“At least the room was nice”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary-Airport
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I booked through an on line company that I do all my reservations through. I was double billed by Homewood. The booking company has satisfied me that it is on the fault of the hotel and has taken over the dispute for me.
I was led to believe that I would have complimentary parking during my vacation only to learn that I had to use the Park and Go. An unexpected $135 charge on top of paying for the room twice. I was also told of the complimentary dinner and breakfast. This was a joke. Dinner was a very unappealing salad bar with unidentifiable meat product they called santa fe chicken.
Last time I used Hilton Garden Inn and I will be returning there never again to Homewood.

1  Thank Victor G
Arif P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Dear Victor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community from your recent visit. I’m very sorry to hear about the experience you had at the dinner buffet and with parking. It is our goal to deliver an exceptional overall experience for our guests and sadly that did not happen during your stay.
Our hotel does provide complimentary parking to all guests during the duration of their visit and we stand by it 100%. For extended parking after you leave- we have a special Park n Fly package at a very nominal price of $40 per week which is only bookable through either the hotel website and Front Desk but cannot be added on to an existing booking through a 3rd Party website or any other discounted rate. I strongly recommend you contact us directly next time you are in the area to make your experience more pleasurable.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

After spending a wonderful week in Banff, I had booked a room at the Homewood Suites at the Calgary airport the night before our return flight to California. Of course I realized that airport hotels are usually miserable. Imagine my surprise to discover this hotel to be one of the best I've stayed at anywhere in the world.

After returning the rental car at the airport we walked a very short distance to the complementary hotel shuttle which in two minutes delivered us to the hotel. Check in took perhaps a minute as we had a reservation. After receiving our room card we were informed that there was a complimentary dinner from 5:00 to 7:00. We then took a secured elevator to our suite which was beautifully furnished with a small kitchen, a great bed with an extra sofa bed, and a wonderful shower. I then walked to the fitness center and had a good workout. And all of the equipment worked. I regretted not having a swimsuit and being unable to use the indoor pool and jacuzzi. After dinner we returned to our room and watched a movie on our large flat screen tv. There was even free popcorn. Best of all the thermostat actually worked and we could adjust the temp to our satisfaction and the room was sooooo quiet. I started thinking maybe Disney could build an amusement park here and you would never need to leave the hotel.

Did I mention the hotel staff called us to ask if the room was satisfactory 30 minutes after we had settled in. And all this for $150 for a family of three.

We travel frequently and have stayed in hotels all around the world many of which were $400/ night and up. This hotel at the Calgary airport equaled all of them in terms of decor, cleanliness, courtesy, value, sleep quality, and the professionalism of the staff.

Tomorrow morning after our complimentary Canadian style breakfast, we will take the complimentary airport shuttle to the Air Canada terminal where we will check in and pay the $25/checked-in bag surcharge fee. Hilton, why don't you buy Air Canada and teach them what customer service means. Maybe the airline could become profitable. By the way West Jet is a far superior Canadian airline. It is the Hilton of the Canadian airlines.

Room Tip: I would expect them all to be excellent. This is a class operation.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joel438

Dear joel438,

Thank you for this extraordinary review,

Homewood Suites is the upscale extended stay brand by Hilton that provides a warm, home-like experience for guests who spend a good bit of time away from home. We strive to meet both the physical and emotional needs of comfort to create a unique and authentic sense of home-like belonging. When guests experience Homewood Suites, we want them to feel totally comfortable, like a member of the family, and not just a guest.

We would love to host your next stay with, which I believe would be longer so that you can enjoy all aspects of our amenities including teh indoor pool and Hot tub.

Yuors in hospitality,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

the hotel is situated right at the airport, almost walking distance from the terminal. it is brand new and features one bedroom condos with a complete kitchen. the front desk is very friendly. the only negative i could find was the breakfast buffet. it was ok in general but sometimes some items were not filled up and space was restricted on sunday morning. anything else was perfect. service was excellent, i would like to mention the girls at the front desk and also the maintenance guy started up my car when my battery gave up. i was impressed and i will come again

Dear drfrd,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us from your recent stay. I’m glad that you enjoyed the property thoroughly. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will be sure to share your comments with our Team. We take a lot of pride in our service and property and generous reviews such as yours keep us motivated.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Comfortable, clean, quiet room. Excellent free breakfast. Only thing I'd change is seating at breakfast. Had to eat at an uncomfortable couch and knee high table.

Also a bit inconvenient as there are no nearby stores or restaurants. Had to drive quite a ways to find a drugstore and restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear yourhonour,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experience with us. While I am glad that you enjoyed you room, it saddens me equally that you found the seating arrangement in the breakfast lounge uncomfortable.
The Calgary Airport area is developing in a big way and yes right now there are a few challanges which come with this location, which is extremely convenient for travellers looking for proximity to the airport. Therefore we try extra hard to make the other aspects of your stay extremely pleasurable like a great property and exceptional service like you mentioned.
Again thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your thoughts and we hope to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites again very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I recently completed a 4 week stay here. It's a new hotel and they've got most things under control, but a few things need work.

The good things are: double-glased windows mean you can't hear the nearby airport, the staff is very nice and professional, the room was large and the location was convenient to what I needed.

The bad things are: PARKING. There is not enough of it and people are forced to park on the street or wherever they can find a spare 7 feet of space. When I asked the front desk why I was paying $1xx/night and not getting a parking space, they answered "We're working on it." Never saw any progress on this front in 4 weeks. I did see window cleaners scaling the 10 floors and workers setting up 3 flagpoles. Their priorities are skewed. BREAKFAST: Billed as "free" and tasted like what I "paid" for it. Cold, undercooked mystery meat and powdered eggs. Make no mistake - we all know it's not free. No need to remind us of it. Inedible.

I think once they have settled into things it will be a great hotel. I don't think they should be charging full fare for a hotel that is still "in the works."

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LivesInHotelsForWork

Dear Livesinhotelsforwork,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community from your recent visit. I’m very sorry to hear about the experience you had at the breakfast buffet and with parking. It is our goal to deliver an exceptional overall experience for our guests and sadly that did not happen during your stay. We have recently made changes to our breakfast menu and the overflow parking has added another 50 spots to ease the parking congestion. We are making every possible effort to remove any existing challanges so that our guests not only get ehe value for heir money but something more than that.
I hope that we can regain your patronage and host you once again to show you our renowned hospitality and the changes we have made.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We only stayed for one night here before flying home. The staff were all professional and very helpful. The room was a nice change from staying in just a hotel room. The only issue we had and we did not address this with the hotel as we were only staying the one night, is the pillows were to soft for us and the breakfast bar was extremely busy when we went down and I don't think the one staff member looking after it could keep everything stocked up.

DebDorchester,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community from your recent visit. I’m very sorry to hear about the experience you had at the breakfast buffet. It is our goal to deliver an exceptional overall experience for our guests and sadly that did not happen during your stay. We have recently hired more staff and I assure you that our breakfast service is running full strength. I hope that we can regain your patronage and host you once again to show you our renowned hospitality.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I needed a hotel close to both Airdrie and Calgary and this was the perfect spot. I was right in between both locations and even thought it was at the airport I didn't even notice the sound of the planes. The hotel is newer so very clean and professional looking. My daughter loved the pool and hottub which was also clean. Only downside for her is there was no waterslide. Only downside for me was that it is so new it wasn't on my GPS so I had a bit of a hardtime finding it. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tanya,

Thank you for a superb review and comments about practically every aspect of our hotel. I am so please to hear how much you enjoyed the quality of our facility and the service you received. It is wonderful to hear when we meet or exceed our guest’s expectations. Feedback such as yours inspires us to continually strive to deliver the best possible experience for our guests, as we are dedicated in creating a revolution in the hospitality industry.

Looking forward to hosing your next visit to the area!