“Convenient hotel not far from the airport”

Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Nairobi, Kenya
“Convenient hotel not far from the airport”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Staybridge Calgary is a good solution close to the airport. We took a two bedroom apartment with kitchen and were pleased with the adequate space available and the fact that it was spotless. Friendly staff and a great hot breakfast (they have a nice waffle maker) made the stay extremely pleasant. The structure has a pool and a hot tub we did not have time to use.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Hello and thank you so very much for your review. We really enjoy when we have guests that pay such close attention to the details of their stay, because we are a very detail oriented
We are so glad that you enjoyed our accommodations. Each one of our rooms is a modern suite that includes a full kitchenette. Each kitchenette has a full fridge, microwave, stove top, dishwasher and all the kitchenware our guests would need to make a nice home cooked meal for themselves. Also in the room is a bed that has been given many rave reviews by our guests as well.
We hope you had a chance to take part in our most popular complimentary amenities here. Our hot and cold daily breakfast buffet is offered between 6:30 and 9:30am Monday-Fridays and 7:30-10:30am on Saturday and Sunday, and we serve a different variety of foods daily.
We really do appreciate all of your thoughts about your stay and our hotel. We take great pride in the service and overall experience that we provide to our guests here, and are always looking for ways to make our guests feel more comfortable, and more at home. The most important part of this review is definitely that you would stay with us again, because this means we have done enough to make a guest want to spend more time with us here at the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport.
Thanks again.

Warmest Regards,
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Nice room and friendly staff. Loved the bed, tv and shower, but since we checked in there was a strong bleach smell in the whole room. There is no ventilation, no fan in the bathroom and because of that I would have to downgrade the room from 5 to 3 stars. No coffee maker either.

Room Tip: Close to the Calgary Tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
With kind regards,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Abbotsford, BC
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here with my colleagues and I had booked 3 rooms. I had to cancel one room online the day before our stay as one colleague had to cancel. When I arrived at the hotel their records indicated that I had 4 rooms booked when I really only had 2 booked. The front desk staff was very argumentative and it took forever to get checked in. I was told that I would have to pay for the additional 2 rooms unless they were sold. Upon check out these two rooms were not on my bill so I assumed that they had been sold and that everything was sorted out. The staff member I was dealing with was not wokring anymore during my stay.

I was suprised to see that the two rooms showed up on my Visa bill. I have contacted the employee asking for a receipt for these rooms and after a week of waiting I did not receive one. I have contacted the manager and still no receipt.

My stay there was mediocre and the breakfast was as horrible as the service at this hotel. I would recommend you to find another place to stay as there are many in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen M
With kind regards,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at The Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Please contact me directly at 403- 204 -STAY (7829) Ext. 573 or Via email at gsm@staycalgary.com

Maine
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here after a trip to the Canadian Rockies. Wanted a location with a kitchen near to the airport. I'm a frequent guest at the Holiday Inn brand of hotels and especially like staying at Staybridge Suites. We were there during the Calgary Stampede, and the place had many guests staying there who were either working at the Stampede or also visiting there. We used the free airport shuttle, and that all went well. It is shared with a couple other area hotels, but we were lucky enough to be dropped off first, so no complaints on that! Our check-in was not a great experience. Because I am a priority club (they have a new name for it, but that is what I call it!) member, my keys, etc were already put together, the desk clerk did not check things out to verify it was correct. off we went to get into the room--keys did not work. So, I went back to the front desk to get that fixed. Again, she did not check to make sure things were correct. She just re-keyed the cards. I went back to the room, opened the door--walked in--only to find the room already occupied and the guest was taking an afternoon nap!! I was shocked (as was he, I'm sure). I went back to the front desk, and there was very little in the way of an apology and no checking later to make sure we were ok. The rest of the stay was just fine. Good wifi, nice evening reception with light food. The other guests were friendly. Room was big enough, mattress comfortable, breakfast was good and plentiful--many choices. Checkout was also less than what I am used to. We left before breakfast was ready, but had been told we would be able to get coffee and something 'to go' We left at 7AM-there was NO coffee and not any food 'to go' other than a piece of fruit. The front desk person was not helpful when we asked about this and didn't even say 'thanks' for staying, etc. So, my only suggestion is to work on the front desk staff!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I sincerely apologize and am disappointed to hear of the customer service you’ve experienced during your stay with us. Please be assured that we treat this matter very seriously as we always strive to deliver the best experience to our guests. We value our IHG rewards guests loyalty greatly and hope you may contact us so we can offer our deepest apologies and address any concerns you may have directly.

We truly apologize that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you and hope you will contact us in the future so we may welcome you warmly back to the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

It's located about 25 mins from the airport and I called the free shuttle to pick us up from the airport. We stayed in a 2 bedrooms unit and the place is spacious with an extra sofa-bed in the living room. All rooms + the living room are equipped with TV set.

Some positive points:
1. A complete kitchenette with all utensils, microwave and freezer
2. Free use of laundry
3. Free use of really nice computers equipped with a scanner and printer and they think through all details about how to make your life easier by providing all stationary like notepads, stapler, even the post it and rubber bands!
4. Very fresh and tasty breakfast, I love the do-it-yourself pancake machine!
5. They provide the complimentary light dinner on Tuesday to Thursday
6. All staff are very friendly and helpful
7. Location wise is good, surrounded by a vietname-chinese restaurant, a grocery store and a Tim Horton outlets. It's also 10 mins drive to the mall and supermarkets.

Negative point:
1. There is only one elevator so sometimes you've got to wait for a while to go to the higher floor during the busy hours

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RuthSusilo
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for this extraordinary review,

Staybridge Suites is the upscale extended stay brand that
provides a warm, home-like experience for guests who spend
a good bit of time away from home. We strive to meet both the
physical and emotional needs of comfort to create a unique and
authentic sense of home-like belonging. When guests experience
Staybridge Suites, we want them to feel totally comfortable, like
a member of the family, and not just a guest.
Whether socializing with other guests and our teams during an
evening reception or relaxing in our Outdoor court yard, our
guests view us as caring, sociable and down-to-earth because
these values are present in everything they experience.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were very comfortable staying here during the Stampede week. The rooms were clean and roomy - very nice for 2 adult couples. The facilities were great - we had a cookout on the back lanai and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant.

The freshly baked cookies were great - unfortunately they didn't last long and we were only able to have one or two during our entire stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank barbchong
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Good day,

Thank you SO much for your fantastic and glowing review. The staff at the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport has one goal in mind, and that is to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. The fact that you felt that way since the moment you stepped through our doors makes us all proud of a job well done!
We hope that you got a chance to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast buffet. Our hot and cold buffet gives our guests a great opportunity to meet other guests and share travel advice, as well as save a dollar or two before they venture out to the hustle and bustle of the Calgary stampede.
Our rooms are quite spacious and there is a kitchenette located inside every one. The kitchenette has a full fridge, microwave, stove top, and dishwasher. The rooms however would be nothing without our fantastic housekeeping staff, who keeps them spotless day in and day out.
The whole Staybridge family thanks you for this review, and appreciates the time that you spent to write this for us. We would love for you to stay with us again when you come back to Calgary.

Warmest Regards,
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We needed a place to stay that has a fridge in the room to keep our sons milk cold. This place has a full kitchenette. Great! They even leave a microwave popcorn bag in the room (nice touch). The pool was never busy. Plus they have a basketball court outside to play - and basketballs to use. A very family family hotel. The breakfast is pretty good variety. There are only a few things I would change 1) AMA web site said there was room service - but no restaurant on site. 2) I didn't know that no housekeeping on the weekends. But we will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Corimarnell
StaybridgeYYC1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for a superb review and comments about practically every aspect of our hotel. I am so please to hear how much you enjoyed the quality of our facility and the service you received. It is wonderful to hear when we meet or exceed our guests expectations.

Feedback such as yours inspires us to continually strive to deliver the best possible experience for our guests, as we are dedicated in creating a revolution in the hospitality industry.

Looking forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Calgary.

Warmest regards,