“very good value for the money”

Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Brandon, Canada
“very good value for the money”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

check different websites for the best deal.Very clean room with kitchenette facility. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The breakfast is better than most in this category. if you are luck to arrive on one of the three days a welcome snack/supper is provided between 5-7:30 PM. If you need a movie to watch or more popcorn just ask. Cookies in lobby upon arrival. Shuttle to airport available 24 hours but factor in traffic and other pickup or dropoff -generally 20 minute driving in good conditions.There is an american grocery store within vicinity so if having a longer stay can get groceries. Mall is within walking distance which has a Hudson's bay store. Enroute to mall found two restaurants-vietnamese and mediterranean both good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience and that you regard our hotel to be exceptional. Thank you for your recognition of our service team as it is our pleasure to ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming your return.

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2014

After a long day's flight the staff at the hotel were very helpful and accommodating. The hotel room was nice and clean. Very peaceful and restful. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. =) Service was great! No complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hello and thank you,

We are so happy that you loved your experience at the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport

The Staybridge Suites experience is to make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed, like a member of the family, not just our guest.

We have complimentary breakfast, a weekly social hour where we serve appetizers, Wi-Fi, self laundry facilities and a kitchenette in every single room for our guest’s convenience.

A 24 hour complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, is a proud service the Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport provides for the convenience of our guest.

It has truly been a pleasure to have you as our guest and hope to welcome you back real soon.

Best Regards,

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at other Staybridge Suites but this was my first time to the Calgary location. I only stayed for one night, but have a week's trip coming up and will definitely stay there if I can. Front desk staff were welcoming and apologetic my room wasn't yet ready (although I was an early arrival). My room was clean and spacious, and the location is great for shopping in the Sunridge Mall area. The bonus of breakfast in the morn ing and the evening reception through the weeknights makes this a great value as well.

I have to make special note of the Guest Services Manager Shaf Murji. The enthusiasm he has for his job and the guests his hotel serves are second to none and truly best in class. He greeted me at check in, and at the evening reception he greeted some people by name and truly exuded that he wanted everyone to feel welcome. If every hotel could share in this level of commitment to making sure their guests feel welcome and greeted as friends not just "bums in beds" it would make travelling a true joy. I have never actually asked for someone's name before to point them out, but he definitely needs mentioning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Amazing words from our valued guest,

Thank you so very much for sharing with us your most recent experience. It is of great pleasure that we have met all of your expectations on what we have to offer. As our team lives hospitality and are dedicated in creating a revolution in the hospitality industry that will ensures all of our valued guest receive nothing less then 100% satisfaction from the moment they enter our front doors. We hope and will be glad to welcome you back with open hands to exceed your expectations once again, Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and business.

Warmest regards,

Winnipeg
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Moved from another hotel to this one due to issues at the other hotel. The rate at the Staybridge was competitive to other area hotels. The room was somewhat worn but OK. There was a strong smell of febreeze in the room. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The front staff were excellent. The morning breakfast had a good selection. I was looking to find a car wash at 6:00AM and the guy working the front desk went out of his way to find a location that was open at that time of the morning, great customer service. I have suggested to our local branch manager to consider using this hotel in the future rather than the usual one that is used (many issues). Our company does about 60 room nights a year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team. We are excited to hear that you had a great time with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Once again thank you for choosing The Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport!

Red Deer
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for two nights. My front desk attendant Avis went above and beyond, assisting with my bags from my car to my room and checking to make sure I had everything I needed. He called me by name through my whole visit! Very personable! My room was comfortable for 2 nights of work travel, the kitchen and couch area made it feel like a small apartment not a hotel. It was quiet and clean. Excellent value for the rate! The complimentary breakfast had a lot of choices and added to the value greatly! I will be back next time I am in Calgary!

• Stayed January 2014
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
A special hello to our valued guest,

We couldn’t be happier to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your lovely review!
Our caring staff always goes out of their way to make our guest’s experience an extra special one, so we are very happy to hear Anis took special care of you! We will be sure to pass on your kind words to him!
Again thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your thoughts and we hope to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites again very soon!

Thanks Again!

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Staying here one night while I was passing through. Only problem I has was at the start. Rang up to get a shuttle bus and told it was going to be 20 minutes. Waiting for nearly 40 and eventually one showed up. Looked like the hotel hadn't asked them. From a bad start, rest of the stay was good. No restaurent, but theirs is a Ricos restaurent behind the building which is good. Hotel is clean and a newly built. Will be coming back again, but will probably take a taxi next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, restaurent around the back.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback, highlighting the good and detailing the opportunities for improvement. It is good to know that you found our staff to be friendly and rooms sufficient for your needs. However, I regret that you were inconvenienced by our shuttle service. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously to help us improve aspects of our hotel for our guest needs.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with all our travelers!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel and staff are great.

Staff are all friendly and professional including the housecleaning team who smile and greet you as well.

The building is clean although some public areas have a faint smell of incense. I am not a fan of that, but the room was fine odour-wise.

Shower has enough power to wash the day's stress away, not something a frequent traveller can say about many hotels. The soap is larger than a thimble so that too is tick on the plus side it things.

Breakfast is typical for Staybridge which is better than any other hotel of its type with a selection large enough to satisfy most people and they provide free coffee and tea 24 hours a day. There is also a bowl of fresh fruit to pick from at all hours.

Parking is outdoors which is always a bit challenging during bad weather, but it is what it is and certainly 90% of these types of hotels are the same.

The rooms are to put it bluntly, terrific if you wish a bit of stretching room. Equate them to a small one-bedroom apartment and you will have created the perfect mental picture.

There are adequate outlets to charge up your "stuff" although it would be a good idea to carry an extension cord.

This chain offers free laundromat service, meaning free use of their washers and dryers. At the time of my stay there were three washers and two dryers which can encourage longer waits during busier times, and as I understood from a couple of other guests, one of the dryers was inadequate. I ended up visiting a laundromat 6 kms away to dry what I had washed. I am sure a bit of attention to this would solve that problem so it's certainly nothing to truly criticize.

The towels are thick and thirsty... not the threadbare variety one may get at some places. To be fair, the majority of self-serve hotels have decent towels... but the Holiday Inn group (this is part of that group) can boast a bit about their towels.

The ONLY downside (personal taste) to this location of Staybridge and for me it's a big one... were the beds.

They offer very little support for those with temperamental backs. Sit on the edge of the bed and you'll sink to the floor. I am exaggerating of course but you get the idea. The sleeping area offers a soft and non-supportive surface, possibly foam or latex.

There is a reason why many hotels advertise "dream-beds" or the like for they ARE amazing. Every other Staybridge I have been to (many in Ontario) are perfectly fine. This location lacks the comfort in this very important category.

Again, it's personal taste so if you like ultra-soft beds, you'll love this place.

Would I stay here again? Possibly... and sadly that's only because of the beds. The rest of the place scores extremely high in every other category.

Happy travels everyone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your travel experience with all our travelers out there. I would like to thank you for choosing us as we strive in providing the best hospitality Calgary has to offer.

Once again thank you and we can’t wait to see you on your next visit into Calgary.