Even the girl checking us in was surprised at the cost that came up for 1 Qu bed. She did get it down a bit.
The included Wednesday evening social was BBQ, excellent. Very tasty BBQ burger, chicken and hotdogs, salad bar and soft drinks.
Breakfast was the norm for Staybridge, but the quality was excellent.
The pool was warm & the waterslide was great. No hot tub. The exercise room had 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike and some weights. Everything worked great. The room was quite warm though.
Our biggest complaint was the size of our room for the cost. A very tiny studio with 1 queen bed and a hide a bed that when pulled out, your feet were almost touching the queen bed. With almost no room to walk around.
The location was in between the common eating area, and where they BBQ, and the laundry room, so ask for a better location. We could smell food and laundry soap the whole time.
The room was disappointing, as we stay in Staybridge in many other locations in a much bigger room for less money.
Yes the food was included, as it is with every Staybridge, but the size and location of the room were disappointing.
Excellent customer service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set at the foothills of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the Staybridge Suites® Calgary Airport hotel's location is beautiful, convenient and lively. Calgary is a vibrant city with plenty to do for everyone. Both business and leisure travelers appreciate the hotel's suites, free, hot breakfast and guest receptions.Calgary is home to numerous businesses, including Coca-Cola Bottling Co, GE, IBM, Supply Chain Mgmt and Alberta Treasury Bank (ATB). Traveling is convenient for business guests, as we are near Hwy-1 and just seven km from Calgary International Airport (YYC). The hotel's guests are just 10 km from the downtown area.Leisure travelers particularly enjoy this hotel's location. Calgary is home to multiple universities, including the University of Calgary, DeVry Institute of Technology and SAIT, and this hotel is a great place to stay while visiting the campus or commencement. The nearby Sunridge Mall and CrossIron Mills Mall are great shopping choices, and the city's downtown area is alive with entertainment. From bars and restaurants to clubs and casinos, downtown Calgary has it all.The Staybridge Suites® Calgary Airport hotel offers a free shuttle to and from Calgary International Airport. The hotel has an indoor pool with a waterslide and a hot tub for you to enjoy, as well as free laundry facilities for more convenience. Visit Calgary and see what the excitement is about! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport Hotel Calgary
- Calgary Staybridge Suites