“Awesome Hotel -- Staff The Best Anywhere”

Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Kitchener
“Awesome Hotel -- Staff The Best Anywhere”
Reviewed 26 January 2010

My family and I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Calgary for 3 nights in December while on a Christmas shopping trip and to visit with family. This is perhaps the best hotel I have stayed at. The pool and waterslide are great (waterslide was very fast the kids loved it!!), The breakfast was a hot buffet that had a pretty good assortment everything from eggs, waffles, cereal to fresh fruit. But I blown away with the service from everyone. housekeeping came in everyday and was very polite. The breakfast lady's were so nice and chatty but the whole stay was made by the front desk. They went out of there way to make everything perfect they answered questions about shopping and resturants. And it was so nice because the one guy I can't remember his name James or Jeff ? but he was new to Calgary and if he didn't know something he would ask someone who did and that is so refreshing. The front staff all ways made an effort to ask how everything was or if we needed something? James or Jeff was getting ready to leave for the night around 11pm or so and we couldn't get the tv to change channels and he said would come up with me and reprogram it for us. I found out the next day he should have left it to the night person but he stayed late just to make sure it got done. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellingMan13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Edmonton
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Recently stayed at this hotel as I had meetings with clients in Calgary. They had a well equipped board room which I had rented for the day. It was well equipped and they kept the coffee fresh all day. All the rooms have full kitchens. They even had free laundry which was great after being on the road all week. They had a nice breakfast with eggs and bacon. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank smithalex7484
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in October and really enjoyed it. The building is reasonably new and our room was very clean and comfortable. It included 2 double beds, a sofa bed and a small kitchen, which was very useful for us. There wasn't any bedding for the sofa bed but the front desk clerk brought it up quickly after we called to ask for it. The staff in general were very friendly and helpful. The hotel includes an indoor swimming pool with a nice waterslide and there is an outdoor sports court with a basketball ring, so there is plenty to keep the kids occupied. A reasonable breakfast is provided and includes some hot items including waffles. There is a laundry available for guests and there is heaps of parking. Computers for accessing the internet are available in the lobby. Location is in an industrial type area not far from the airport. The Sunridge Mall is 2 minutes drive away. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank OzDennyCrane
Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2009

My husband is a regular guest on business at this hotel and I joined him for one trip in early October. The rooms are very spacious and the staff is wonderful, with the exception of a new manager... one night I was at the store area of the hotel and 2 men in the lobby were talking loudly (and what seemed to be drunkenly) about a woman in one of the rooms. The one man was very vulgar in saying what he wanted to do to the woman and that he knew the other men would have cheered him on because she was so "hot." The desk clerk was very embarrassed as was I and when I asked her if she knew the men she said "one is my new boss." I told this to my husband and he said the manager of the hotel is of Indian descent and the man I saw was a Caucasian; my husband found out the next week that the man I heard is the new desk manager. I feel sorry for the staff, as this man is a PIG.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank GermanPal
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 September 2009

A very balanced and nicely maintained hotel with up to date and active service. Peaceful and serene.

Breakfast was mind blowing; very very fresh and tasty.

Front Desk, through the Day and Night, were ever active and way too courteous.

A great place to be. Also, near the airport, but to get the guidelines to get to some other place, front desk was the best way to refer to. Also, extra service from the front desk was very very comforting.
Calling cards are normal in Canada for those who want to avail International calls, front desk again had the answer.

And the best internet I ever experienced. No problem and high speed for digital gaming which I enjoyed the most and kept me up all night for 2 weeks.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaptainmirza
London
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We needed somewhere to stay close to the airport, and this fit the bill perfectly. The location was ideal for us as we were just passing through - close to the airport and the highway out to Banff. We got upgraded to a suite which was fantastic, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was good and there was plenty of choice, and the pool was great for getting rid of the jet lag! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tori010
Coleraine Northern Ireland
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Our family of 5 stayed here for 2 nights on our arrival in Canada. We found the suite very clean & comfortable & the staff all helpful. A great bonus is the breakfast which we enjoyed thoroughly & was our only complementary breakfast during our 2 week holiday. The pool was petty cold but the waterslide was enjoyed by us all - even though we are adults. I prefer a hotel closer to a city centre but we did know the location before we booked & there are lots of hotels in this airport area. It took us about 20mins to drive into Calgary - however there are several restaurants close by and we had a very good meal in Joey Tomatoe's a few mins drive from the Staybridge.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family