We were fairly pleased with our room 336, & service the first time we stayed here. Although, the room is very small, we had a pleasant view--it faced the Olympic ski jump area across the street. However, when we booked this hotel 1 week later, our mind was quickly changed. The desk clerk said a new policy was in effect & had to charge us a $250 damage deposit to be refunded when we checked out if the room was in good condtion. We left our room in perfect condition the first time, so past reputation had little influence. This room was on the second floor in the back. The view was of a business parking lot. The hallways were very hot, & the room air conditioner kept shutting off even when in the continious fan mode. Not quite the same. Both rooms are very small,the furniture is shabby & slightly beat up. Carpet needs to be replaced. No breakfast is served in the AM. It was a quiet hotel when we stayed both times.
There are many fast food restaurants within walking distance, plus a Denny's that really looked shabby. It is very close to major highways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across the world-class Canada Olympic Park, along the Trans-Canada Highway, and only a short drive from downtown Calgary, Sandman Hotel Calgary West is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Hotel And Suites Calgary West
- Sandman Hotel Calgary West