“pets very welcom”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West
Ranked #83 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Our first time taking our dog to a hotel. Everyone was very accomodating and we found the room clean. We were upgraded to a corporate king as they like to keep the pets on main floor. When we went for a quick dinner the front desk clerk if we wanted him to look in on our dog. Although it was not needed we appreciated the offer. Everyone was friendly and we will be back next time we stay in Calgary

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank allison-wpg

Reviewed 12 April 2010

Everyone was friendly upon walking in the room I was overwelmed by the smell of fresh dog poo or prehaps dirty diaper but could not find anything told them to have the room deoderized while I went to the pool/Hot tub and they were there right away and deodorized did not help much though went to the Hot tub with my daughter and to my surprize woke up Sunday morning with a horrid rash all in the area my bikini was along with my 8 year old doctor confimed today that this is from bacteria from not properly cleaning filters/water ect and that until it is properly cleaned other people will get this as well it has made me very upset as I go to vegas in a couple of weeks and this apparently will still be visable and uncomfortable all because someone was too lazy to follow policys Health services has been notified in this matter.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank travelaallways
gm_calwest, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2010

Regarding the first comment, we would have gladly moved you to another room upon request if your expectations were not met. Our housekeeping team are some of the finest in the city and take great care and diligence in making sure the cleanlness standards are not only met, but exceeded. Regarding the pool, we had a great many guests in the hotel over the weekend in question. No issues of this kind were brough to the front desk management, maintenance,or this office's attention through out the weekend. We take these charges very seriously and if we had known about this situation during your stay, we certanily would have delat with the issue right there and then. We take great care in exceeding our safety standards regarding the pool and our swimming facilities. GM.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

This is my third stay at this facility. The first check-in left a bad taste in my mouth but overall, I have been pleased. The location has been convenient for my travel needs and my stays have been comfortable. The service in the bar is hit & miss but my one real complaint is the wireless internet. On all three visits it has been intermittent at best, requiring login for almost every new page. I appreciate there is a hard wire but to be honest, the comfort at the desk is lacking. I'd like to see this hotel make the wireless work properly, consistently or just not bother having it at all.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ecormack

Thank you for your comments. We certainly value our guest's opinions. In looking into this issue, we have ugraded our internet to the fastest internnet available. Thank you for your comments. GM

Reviewed 16 February 2010

Walked in with no reservation and was promptly and politley greeted by Emily. She was able to accomadate my request for a room. She was quick, efficient and very pleasent.
Hotel was very clean, room was extreemly clean and comfortable. My wife and I will stay there again next trip to Calgary. thanks a bunch Emily

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liketotravel096
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I have just come back from a 2 night stay here and loved it. The rooms were spacious and clean with seperate bedroom and sitting area there was also a kitchen area with sink, microwave and tea/coffee making equipment. There is a Dennys located in the hotel and the food is good and at a good price, bar one was ok but atmosphere was a bit boring! The hotel is not the best location as you have to catch a bus from over the road and then a train into the city centre, this is a cheap option $2.50 each. we got a taxi back and that cost $20. I would recommend this hotel for all ages and if you have a car then even better as it will save hassel with public transport.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank pink-princess-1981
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Without a doubt this is one of the best places I have stayed in for this price range. Every thing was very clean, we got a room upgrade, and the staff were able to answer any questions we had. Another added bonus was having a bar and restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed 15 September 2009

The service I received was a joke. I booked a 2 double bed room online well in advance but they gave me a king bed instead. It was totally inconvenient as my travel partner and I did not want to share the same bed. They did not notify me by any means in advance that the room i requested was unavailable until I opened the door of the room and found out. Moreover, they did not change the room for me even after I demanded, the service I received was plainly a joke.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank chocoros
gm_calwest, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2009

We apologize that your stay was not met with the expectations many of our fine guests have received.
The front Desk team is very diligent in ensuring all guest requests are met.

If a particular room is not satisfactory, they are trained to give the guest an option, when available, that meet the guest expectations.

If a concern of this nature is brought forth, either the Front Office Manager or the General Manager deal with the concern immediately, prior to the guest departing the hotel. This helps us to make sure the guests concern is not only heard, but dealt with professionally and accurately.