“Very Nice New Hotel”
Review of Grey Eagle Resort

Grey Eagle Resort
Ranked #13 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a very nice well laid out hotel. The room we stayed in had a very nice view of the valley and the Rockies Mountains. We did have one issue. The air conditioning wasn't working on our floor. Being only open for 2 or 3 weeks, I accepted the bugs that were going to naturally going to happen. The front staff made us aware of the fact and did offer us a room where the air was working, but I needed a smoking room. So it was our choice to stay on the floor with no air. The front desk staff were very friendly, and helpful. The restaurant staff were quick, and always smiling. For the money, it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the south west side of the hotel, much nicer views.
There are newer reviews for Grey Eagle Resort

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have nothing but positive feedback to report about this hotel. I recently stayed at the Grey Eagle during a surprise graduation-weekend getaway with my siblings. The staff were immediately welcoming and constantly went above and beyond their duties to accommodate their guests. We were constantly greeted with genuine smiles and offers of assistance throughout our stay. The guestrooms are brand new, spotless, and luxurious. The beds are very comfortable and clean, and waking up to a mountain view was a treat. The breakfast buffet (included with the room) was fantastic. Great variety of choices and table service for beverages and clearing used plates (definitely not typical of other hotels in the same price range!). Overall, LOVE this hotel, will definitely return and recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Try to snag a room on with a mountain view (on the west side of the property). Perfect view to wake...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014

They charged my credit card twice for one night stay. When I tried to contact them and solve the problem, I was redirected to their manager who totally ignored me and never got back to me after an email, two voice mails and a number of unanswered phone calls. Absolutely frustrated, will never stay at this place again!!!

5  Thank vovapower
GERC-Management, General Manager at Grey Eagle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello Vovapower

Thank you for your message, please accept my sincere apology on what happened to you. For the first few weeks after opening we had our credit card interface malfunction causing an unexpected double charge on a few invoices. I know how frustrating it must of been when you couldn't get a hold of the Front Office Manager to talk about what happened, that would make me feel a bit hot under the collar too! At the time of your message I must say the Front Office Manager was over his head which is a fault of mine. I have addressed your review with the Front Office Manager and moving forward have corrected the issue together.

I would like you to contact me directly at kyates@greyeaglecasino.ca so I can help you on your next visit to Calgary.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Kevin Yates

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is geared for casino users but don't let that put you off. I booked online and went for a dearer King room - still good value compared to other Calgary hotels. I believe these better rooms are on upper floors and away from the kids and less desirable fellow guests who seemed to mainly be on the 2nd floor when we stayed. We were on the 5th floor. Very helpful staff, excellent room - about the best in 2 weeks travelling in Canada. The hot breakfast (included in rate) wasn't quite up to scratch as regards choice and there were too many torn jeans and baseball caps amongst the diners than expected from what they claim is a 4-and-a-half-star resort. The excellent Calgary Heritage Park is nearby, but little else worth visiting is close. Note that Calgary's roads are busy nearly all the time and getting to the hotel will need a map or sat-nav as it's off a tricky junction. We didn't use the casino but a relative in Calgary tells me it's like any Vegas/Reno casino.

Room Tip: Avoid the cheapest rooms. Ask for a room on upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin_Stilwell
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The room was nice, the bed was great! Just a shower no bath, toiletries. The bed was amazing, I was so comfortable I did not want to get out of bed in the morning.
Complimentary breakfast was great! Full breakfast eggs, fruit, toast, etc. staff were very friendly! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We checked in on the 31st of May, the person checking us in was very helpful. We get to our room and the TV does not work. So they moved us to another room. No biggie I thought, but on our way back to the US., we stayed again, got to our room and this time the AC doesn't work. Come to find out that this hotel has only been open a month, the matinence man tells us that theis placed should have never opened due to so many problems.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eric R

Hello Eric R

In the first month the AC and Televisions were our two largest deficiencies in the hotel. We had a power issue that affected both AC and Television. It was a difficult month and don't blame the poor Facility Employees who said that, because they were pulled in every direction. I am happy to say that the hotel is now running on all cylinders and our guests have been very happy. I encourage you to come back for a visit, if you decide to please contact me at kyates@greyeaglecasino.ca

Kevin Yates

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was most definitely the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. Everything is so clean and fresh and the staff are very friendly. You are always greeted with a smile. The rooms are large, comfortable and clean. The restaurant staff are very friendly and professional. A big thank you to Meaghan (hope I spelt that right), she was friendly and knowledgeable with the menu. She made our dinning experience perfect.

I will definitely be staying here again, the price is right, the staff are great and the food is awesome.

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice and stayed in 2 different room types and they were both awesome. I don'...
1  Thank Evers1984