“I loved this hotel!”

Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Cleveland, Ohio
“I loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I loved this hotel! Even though it's called an Inn, the rooms are all suites with queen-sized beds. I was very impressed that my suite featured a full-sized kitchen (including a full-sized fridge and freezer, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher, pots, pans, plates, bowls, silverware, knives, and miscellaneous cooking utensils). The room also featured 2 televisions (as others have pointed out, these are old and not flat screen, oh well), and each television had a DVD player. These were great fun because there is a DVD "vending machine" in the lobby which features 35 or so DVDs that guests can rent for free, and the hotel provides you free bags of microwave popcorn!

The bed was comfortable, though the pillows were not firm at all (very squishy and compactable). Also, the curtains did not close all the way, so if I was someone who needed pitch darkness to sleep I would have had a problem. Some rooms have doors to separate the living room/kitchen from the bedroom/bathroom - this is the difference between the studio and the one bedroom layouts specified on the hotel website, I think. The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping the room clean and stocked with towels and amenities.

Breakfast was a mixed bag. On the one hand, it was free, it was hot and there was plenty of variety - every morning featured a pork breakfast meat, eggs in some format, baked beans (??), and a carb of some kind (potatoes, French toast, pancakes, hash browns, etc.), plus a spread of 4 cereals, oatmeal, plain yogurt, granola, fruit, Belgian waffles, coffee, milk, pastries, and muffins. On the other hand, sometimes the eggs quality wasn't the best in the world, the beans option was just weird, and I wish there had been some turkey meats in the rotation instead of just pork. The dining area was always clean when I ate there, and the breakfast supervisors were really attentive and friendly.

I did not have much opportunity to use the workout room, pool, outdoors grill, outdoor sports area, or attend the weeknight evening social, but these were indeed on the premises. Also, unlike a previous reviewer, I did not experience any problems with odd smells. Everything smelled fine to me.

Because of the abundance of amenities and the good level of cleanliness I had a great experience overall. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank DavenGVAR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Perhaps better for a long stay if you are conscious of cost (although @$179 + tax a night it wasn't exactly cheap), I found it a bit sterile and unwelcoming. Checked in past midnight and the reception was frosty. So was my room, leading to a terrible nights sleep.

It is a basic hotel with amenities in room for a longer stay. CRT TVs (soon these will be cherished retro items!), DVD players (!) and a view overlooking a trucking depot, it wasn't for me but would do if I had to stay for a longer time, though if that were the ase I may opt for somewhere with a more inspiring view.

Checking out was met with equal enthusiasm as checking in. I honestly felt slightly guilty doing either, so front office could use some work. Says a lot when the cleaning staff are all far nicer than the front desk staff - maybe time for some job switching?

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank TaysTea
John F, Manager at Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Thank you for your review TaysTea. We are receptive to all honest opinons and feedback regarding how well our property satisfies the needs of our guests.

An incident of less than a warm welcome reception cannot be excused. I apologise for your that experience. Be assured that it will receive focus in our ongoing training.

The room temperature matter has since been correted. You may have brought this to our attention at the time, i'm not sure. I recognise that the hour was late.

It was very encouraging that you had pleasant encounters with those in our housekeeping staff. That's what we strive for. Thak you for mentioning it.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2011

beautiful, well equipped suites.
very helpful staff, goes the extra mile for their customers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Never realized one drawback to “kitchen” hotels until this trip. It seems that the hotel is quite popular with some longer stay clients from a certain country. I am quite a foody and have enjoyed a lot of different aromatic foods from around the world. In this case, my stomach just couldn’t handle the room I was assigned. The cooking smell from the last guest was still lingering after 8 hours of airing out the room. The next morning the smell was still there, and the hotel was good to move me to the other end of the hotel. However, at the other end of the hotel, there too were heavy odours. My after work walk thru the hallway back to my room was a mouth, stomach and eye watering experience.
I had checked with my Colleagues whom were staying at different area of the hotel, and apparently, this was a problem everywhere thru out the hotel. I am not sure if there’s anything the hotel can do about this issue, and I am writing this only as a warning to those that have a sensitive nose/ stomach. In general, I have to say that the hotel is well run and with nice extras, but I would hesitate to stay here again due to this stomach turning issue with it's long term guest.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RickLeeEdm
Nottingham
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights as part of a month long trip to Canada - came over the first Stampede weekend. The positives- good location, easy access to the LRT, and excellent suites, immaculately cleaned with very helpful cleaning staff, could not be faulted. Excellent wired internet. That was the main reason we stayed so overall good on that point. The negatives - less than enthusiastic and at times grumpy reception staff, and really poor quality breakfast. One day of that was enough, before we went to Sobey's / Tim Horton's and got our own stuff to eat in our suite. Why it needed to have such poor quality ingredients I do not know but there you are. So be aware of the pluses and minuses if you go for this one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robinhood1
Alberta
Reviewed 30 March 2010

2nd visit to this hotel and it still meets our high expectations; shuttle service was waiting for our phone call as we were arriving just before the shift ended and came right to airport as soon as we call; check in/out fantastic; continential breakfast continues to have hot items out; rooms remain very clean and tidy; they did not have dish soap for the kitchen sink on last visit but had a small bottle at front desk for this visit; appliances in room (kitchen) very clean; mattress in this room not as uncomfortable as previous visit but still could be replaced; in room 302 which was a fair walk to the elevator and not recommended for people with any difficulties

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Look4-2
Central Oregon, Oregon
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I’ve stayed at this hotel before and have recommended it. My most recent experience in March of 2010 was not good. Most of the issues were due to the front desk clerk who was “on duty” the night I checked in. Since this is probably an individual performance issue, I won’t bore you with the details.

There was a foreign substance in the basket of my coffee maker. It looked like about 100 seeds of some type. Strange.

The second evening, the “High Speed Internet Service” slowed to 38 to 58 Kbps (I ran a common bandwidth meter to see how bad it was). I called the front desk and they said “Yeah, guests are probably downloading movies; there’s nothing we can do”. Lovely, it’s the guests’ fault! Have they never heard of traffic prioritization tools? The next morning it was running at 2800 Kbps.

So, as much as I’ve enjoyed this hotel in the past, I’m thinking about finding a new one the next time I go to Calgary.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business