“Cool building, great menu, fun area”
Review of 1886 Buffalo Cafe

1886 Buffalo Cafe
Ranked #410 of 3,604 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Cool building, great menu, fun area”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

In the heart of Calgary's Eau Claire neighborhood, this antique building is a must for breakfast. Originally the office for a lumber yard in the 1800's, the building itself is cool to come to. Great menu with some original items (try the Blaisey Boy) and some great versions of the usual breakfast items. Prices are slightly steep for breakfast ($15-20 for most things) which is the only reason it didn't get 5 stars. However, as I am quickly learning, Calgary is becoming an expensive town. In context with other restaurants, the prices are fair. Great service, cool ambiance, and an awesome menu!

1 Thank MrNeverHome

Calgary, Canada
“Big portions, average quality”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It took a long time to get seated, the meal portions were huge but the quality is average.

OK breakfast.

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“Nice Place!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

What you see is what you get. The place is a tribute to Calgary's past and the food is simple, rustic and very good. I've had breakfast here a few times and have always enjoyed it. I'll have to try their lunch menu next.

Visited January 2014
Cloverdale, Canada
“Great breakfast with limited servers”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a wonderful old building on the backside of Eau Claire Market and worth stopping in. The menu is limited but makes sense so that the food comes out quickly.

Depending on the day of the week - it can get busy but it wasn't when we were there. I was immediately seated by one of the servers and waited for my guest. When she arrived we chatted and waited for our orders to be taken.

It did take a while for one of the servers to take our order but I could have just flagged them down (although I don't think you should have to). They were friendly but did take over 5 minutes to bring new hot water for tea (perhaps it had to boil?).

I had the 2 eggs and added sausage. I was a little disappointed in the sausages. Though I knew they were pork - being in Calgary you'd perhaps think that they might have a local selection of meat.... perhaps elk or another type of meat.

Overall - a nice place for friends or co-workers to get together and share a breakfast!

• Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Interesting historic building, good food, menu with good choices”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We all enjoyed a delicious breakfast with as much coffee as we wanted. The menu will satisfy most including vegetarians. The building is very interesting, comfortable and historic. Convenient parking. It lived up to their reputation and we would return.

• Visited September 2013