“Good service”
Review of Teatro Restaurant

Teatro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Teatro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 3,674 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 1st Street SE
Transit: The C-train stations- Olympic Plaza and 1 st, are located on 7th Avenue and 1 Street SE, behind the restaurant.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Maybe we were just lucky, our server Mitchell has an attitude we like, " nothing is impossible" , simply a mature and confident attitude. Two out of our six diners have food allergies, which often creates a challenge, yet Mitchell was all smiles and reassured us that he's handled it all in the past.
Decor of the restaurant is spacious, elegant, and very acceptable noise level , even though the restaurant remained full for half the time we were there.
Food quality was uneven, some dishes were too salty, others were adequate. Great wine list .
Would have given a 5 rating if the food was better.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great atmosphere and service and the chef's menu had some real gems. Of the eight courses, the soup, pasta, fish and dessert were really tremendous. The salad, melon, beef and cheese courses were good, too, we're just not thinking about them days later as we were with the favourite courses. Plan on about $350 tab for two, with drinks. A nice choice for a special occasion.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very enjoyable meal! Well presented and the service was great. The whole team were very attentive to our group.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Last night my wife and I enjoyed the wine pairing menu at Teatro's. There were 8 courses each better than the previous and I can honestly say that it was the best dining experience we have ever had. The staff were awesome, always there when you needed them, never there when you did not and completely attentive even though they were very busy.

Although not cheap, it was worth it to experience the entire event. It was not just the food, but the wines were perfectly paired and every staff member that we encountered made us feel special.

Thank you to the staff and the chef for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Made a reservation for the tasting menu tonight, let me say i wont be back. Right off the bat the server gave us attitude the moment we sat down, didn't say hello or how are we tonight (there was no greeting, no smile, nothing) the way he asked if we were all having the tasting menu sounded like he was doing us a favour. Throughout the night we noticed all the tables around received bread which we did not. He didn't keep our waters filled mostly empty all night, he rushed to explain each course mostly mumbling and not clear like he couldn't stand to be at our table. Didn't care that all of us didn't finish our course because it was too cold and no taste, he did not bother to ask what was wrong, he just cleared. Let me tell you, we dine out a lot and know the proper etiquette. This is not something we expect from a place like this considering the prices. Best restauarant in Calgary, I think not. Even the food was bland, cold. I felt very dissapointed with the whole experience. My family was from out of town and wanted to bring them to some place special to show them what Calgary has to offer. I made a big mistake and feel embarassed in front of my family. Thanks for ruining our night, my whole family was very unhappy about the whole experience, better off ordering in then deal with this, especially after spending $1300 for 6 people.

2  Thank Michael B