“Okay Food, Variable Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Apple Inn Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,884 of 3,644 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Service is off and on here. Some days you get friendly, efficient service. Other days, you may wait up to an extra hour for your food.

Generally speaking, the food is cooked well and is what you expect. The ginger beef isn't exactly as I like it, but I'm quite picky.

I got the meal for two which comes with rice, wonton soup for 2, 2 fortune cookies, and 2 options from the group menu. This lasts us about 4 meals (with 2 adults and 1 infant). With a $30 price tag, you're getting more than your money's worth.

1  Thank Globe T

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I were hesitant to order from the Apple Inn due to the name, as it does not sound remotely Chinese, until I read a review and we decided to try it. Are we glad we did. It was the most flavourful and delicious chinese food either of us have ever had and the portion sizes were huge! When they say order for 2, order for 2, we have enough for 3 more meals.
Even their delivery driver (who I am sure is part of this mom and pop operation is a sweet man who has limited english but tries very hard.)
Hands down the best in the west! ( east, south or north)

2  Thank kymmy1canada_10
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2007

Don't be put off by the "hole in the wall" appearance, the food is hands down OUTSTANDING, Wendy and her daughter are very accomodating and always remember their customers. Best chinese food in Calgary, bar none.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook