“Amazing Experience & Food is Divine”

Caesar's Steak House - Willow Park
Ranked #91 of 3,546 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$23 - US$49
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southeast Calgary
Description: Caesar's is undeniably old school. Rich surroundings of burgundy leather and dark wood finishes evoke a sense of nostalgia. The space isn't the only thing that defines Caesar's, but rather a complete package. Caesar's has been captivating diners with the best aged, individually cut to order and charbroiled beef that Alberta has to offer, the art of service and value. Returning patrons often ask for their grandfather and / or father's table for a lively discussion over dinner to celebrate a special occasion or for an important business meeting. That is because a steak dinner is more than just a meal; it can turn into a ritual of sorts, best performed not by a restaurant, but by an institution. Caesar's Steakhouse was established in 1972 and the ownership has remained with the same families since inception. Our relationship with our customers, our suppliers and our team is what has made Caesar's a tradition in the Calgary community
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Experience & Food is Divine”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Booked Caear's Steakhouse for a birthday celebration on Friday, December 6 and was not disappointed! From the moment you arrive, you are taken good care of, the resturant and bar are beautiful, grand but stylish and modern. Our 7.30 reservation was delayed by slow moving tables, but given the time of year that is almost to be expected, We were offered a booth in the bar to have a drink while we waited- the Manager picked up our drinks tab as an apology!

After a short wait it was time to move into the gorgeous dining room. Our server Bruce was knowledgeable- perhaps talked a bit to much but at least he was trying. Dinner was amazing, Salads are fresh and tasty, steak was out of this world and the cheese and garlic toast is simply to die for! We ordered a different side of veggies each to all share- 4 sides for 4 people was enough for 8 people! All fresh and delicious. Wine and cocktails were perhaps a little more expensive, but larger servings and worth the extra dollars. Was far to full for dessert and we took our leftovers home. Great atmosphere for a splurge or special occasion, not really for kids but given there were none there, perhaps that was why.

I will be back!

1 Thank aussieincanada1983

Calgary, Canada
“Classic Steakhouse w/ modern decor and professional service.”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I've had dinner here several times over the last decade and returned recently to see their new decor and renovation. I thought it was time to write a review.

First, the place looks amazing! So modern but very comfortable and classic at the same time. It was time for an update and they've done a great job.

I have eaten at traditional steakhouses all over North America. Nothing compares to the beef here. I asked our server what makes it so tasty. He said it was a combination of working with the same supplier from day one (40 some years) supplying the top 10% of "triple A" aged beef to their steakhouse and the fact that the grill cook has been at Caesars for over 30 years. Whatever it is, I have never had a better tasting steak. The dinners are particularly cheap but its that old saying "you get what you pay for". Here its worth every dollar.

I almost always get a ribeye steak and start with the garlic scampi. I'm guess I'm a creature of habit. With the steaks you get a choice of one side. Every traditional steakhouse I've ever been to, every side is à la carte so this is pretty good value. I remembering paying $10 for a baked potato in Vegas one time. I know Ruth Chris at the Calgary tower charges for all their sides à la carte too. Any issue I've ever had was dealt with without any problems, with it be an undercooked steak or just something wasn't right. I always felt the waiters went out of their way to make sure I was happy with whatever I was eating.

I've read couple reviews of having snobby servers. I've eaten dozens of times of in the past decade. The service has always been top notch. Very attentive without being intrusive. Perhaps they are confusing this with being snobby. It's great to always have the wine being poured and table cleaned without being interrupted while dining with clients and catching up with friends. These guys aren't going to be kneeling beside your table with fake smiles. I've always had pleasant interactions an conversations with them, especially while they prepared some dishes table side. Perhaps the negative reviews are from those not use to this level of service in a fine dining, old school steakhouse.

All male professional servers here in the dining room. Most look like they are in their 30's to 50's and I've seen most of the same staff here over the last decade. Must speak well for the place. No bubbly, cute, boobs hanging out servers, flirting to cover up their lack of serving ability. From my experience, they are there to make sure you don't have to think about doing a thing other than visiting with your clients or family. If you are looking for super bubbly chatty servers, this isn't your place. These are mature professionals.

I've had several table side dishes there too. The Caesar salad is amazing. It does take time to get ready and make so be ready to take your time. It's well worth it. Lets see the girl serving you at the Keg prepare dinner for you at the table. Yikes!

Overall, a great steakhouse. Service its attentive, food is always good and the new decor is amazing. Highly recommend.

1 Thank haha75cal
Calgary, Canada
“Great steak, but that's all”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

If you want a great steak you will get one here. The French onion soup tastes like watered down beef broth and the appetisers are over priced and poor. Service, adequate with a touch of snobby. The atmosphere is contemporary with club music. Poor choice of music considering their customers are usually over 40.

Calgary, Canada
“Great for a Romantic Dinner!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I took my girlfriend here for her birthday, and we had a very good experience. I do like the fact that you can watch your steak being grilled. The atmosphere inside is very relaxing, it's somewhat dark and a lot of the time quiet. We ordered Escargot to start, it was good, however lacking in spices a little bit. Both our steaks were cooked perfectly, and the baked potato with all the toppings was great along side a beautifully seared, aged, Alberta beef steak. The wines are a little on the expensive side, but for a great steak experience head on over to this place, but book in advance! Or you can relax in the lounge, no reservation is required there.

• Visited August 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Fine Dining Steak Experience”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Caesar's is a fine dining steakhouse. Our waiter was a bit snotty, but the food is good. The renovations are nice with a trendy atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013