“Poor attitude to customers”

Centini Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Centini Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 3,603 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cheshire, UK
“Poor attitude to customers”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Arrived and restaurant was empty however we were not made to feel important and even worse they asked our daughter to prove her age ID even though she is 23. Wine choice was very expensive. My starter of tomato and mozzarella was poor, too cold with all the tomato stalks left in. Main courses were good as was the dessert but overall felt that we were more of an inconvenience to our waiter rather than only one of the 2 tables eating there. Young lady who took our coats on arrival was very welcoming. Our most expensive meal of our holiday but not worthy of the price tag

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank TartanD

Innisfil, Canada
“Downtown Convenience”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I ordered the special of the day, a lovely salmon in a lemon sauce. It was very tasty, but the vegetable portions were pretty sparse. The wait staff seemed to be annoyed with the questions my bilingual guests had while ordering which irked me. Nice place to eat, but I don't think I would go out of my way to recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Worst dining experience. All three of my kids had food poisoning later with my youngest (9 months old) had to be taken to emergency.

Visited April 2014
calgary
“WOW! What Happened!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

One of our most dependable Italian restaurants-----and it fell apart!
I guess the saying is-----When The chef/owner is away------the kitchen
staff doesn't want to play(very well)!!
Had our usual kitchen-side table and with the usual attentive service-----
And with a lovely bottle of ROSE------the kitchen wheels fell off!
Carbonara - pasta was greasy and there were hard chunks of fatty pieces
of ham---terrible!
Ravioli was OK but luke-warm to cold!
Veal stuffed tortinolli was rubbery and hard---, veal was tasteless and not hot enough.
This was all to our dismay and disappointment.
And of course the prices are not apologetic!
For this night, giving Centini's 3 out of 5 was pure generosity, and
giving this restaurant credit for superior performance in the past!
We don't want to rush right back!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank alan a
Calgary, Canada
“A Downtown Favorite”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I have eaten here twice in the past 6 weeks before going to the theatre. Each time we arrived just before 6 pm without a reservation, and were promptly seated. The first time, an office Christmas party was in progress, so we were seated at the bar. We told the maitre'd that we were going to the theatre-the response was terrific. Our orders were taken promptly and our meals arrived, hot and delicious. We both had the bass special- a beautifully prepared fillet of Mediterranean bass served on a bed of arugula and mushrooms. Our server recommended an Italian white wine that was moderately priced and excellent. We skipped dessert, had a lovely cappucino and were at the theatre with time to spare. Our experience at this restaurant over the years has always been great, so we repeated last week and weren't disappointed. The quality of the food has been consistently excellent and we've always had very good service. It is expensive, but no more than comparable restaurants, and we think it offers good value for the money.

• Visited January 2014