“Nice atmosphere”
Review of Cilantro

Cilantro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cilantro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mission
Cross street: 4th St SW
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We have been wanting to try this place and while in Calgary for New \years Eve, we made a reservation. Nice quiet table, excellent staff a. I had beef and my wife had the seafood pasta, both well prepared. Several wines by the glass and some very nice cocktails. A feature menu and lots of nice choices on the regular menu. Short walk up the red mile from the Saddledome so probably packed on game nights. Give it a try!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Cilantro has been a favorite for years, especially for its BLT and vanilla crème brulee. Tonight's chef must have lost his/her grip on the salt shaker. My BLT was so salty I couldn't finish it (and I'm a dedicated salt addict). There was so much salt that it obliterated the taste of everything else. The pickled veggies that accompanied the BLT were also drowned in salt. Too bad for me, as I was looking forward to their BLT. The crème brulee helped get rid of the salt taste, so the meal wasn't a total disaster. I've always loved Cilantro's atmosphere and the service has always been great. I'm not ready to write it off yet, but I hope the chef can take a look at the amount of salt added to the food. The BLT would be a dangerous choice for someone with high blood pressure.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was visiting my daughter and she suggested Cilantro for lunch. It was a chilly day so we sat upstairs overlooking the patio and veranda. It was lovely. We decided to have several different appetizers to get a full sampling of the menu. Each one was even better than the previous one. The seared salmon fishcakes and the beef tenderloin strips were my favorites.
The service was excellent! The wine list is very extensive both by the glass or bottle. The atmosphere is casual luxury. It was a lovely place to have lunch and chat away the afternoon with
a great wine.(or two!)

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had forgotten how much I enjoy this restaurant. It has been around for ages and for some reason I hadn't been back for year. I rediscovered it on a lovely August afternoon. The service was excellent as was the food. And the patio remains one of hte best in the city.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We absolutely loved Cilantro. The food is all prepared fresh using local/organic ingredients where possible and is beautifully presented.

They had some very interesting cocktails, a great wine list and really yummy salads; the nicoise salad was absolutely fabulous.

This restaurant has a wonderful patio and very welcoming and superbly attentive staff - our server had a great sense of humor too, which we really made the evening...

Did we mention desserts? ;-) All home made and absolutely splendid... best chocolate/peanut butter tart and best strawberry ice cream we've ever had anywhere... the pastry chef should be given a michelin star - just superb.... :-)

If you hadn't guessed, we would HIGHLY recommend you visit Cilantro! ;-)