“Nice Breakfast with the Family.....”
Review of Humpty's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Humpty's
Ranked #1,879 of 3,547 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American
Calgary
“Nice Breakfast with the Family.....”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My wife and I decided we should take the Kids-{16 yr old son/21 yr old daughter} for breakfast on Saturday ...we ended up at Humpty's as we hadn't been there for a while...
The nice thing was it was quiet as we didn't get there until 1:00pm...and the atmosphere was very nice...the service was very good and the food was as well. I reccommend the fruit filled Omellet-it was awsome! We don't get a chance to sit down as a family very often to dine out-so this was a nice treat...and glad to have done it at Humpty's!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Geoff C

“Excellent breakfast!!!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

We were staying close to this Humpty's while on vacation and we ate here two mornings. I have no complaints! Clean, friendly, great service, great food! Brought kids food out as soon as it was ready, which was fantastic. I would eat here again for breakfast without hesitation. Great family restaurant! :)

1 Thank Bergs_Bees
Calgary, Canada
“Hit and Miss I guess”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Second time we have eaten here in the last couple of months and this time I must say the Service was abysmal. The food again was good and hot and tasted excellent.

There Service however was bad. We sit down on the friday (kids eat free). The time is approximately 435pm. The waitress hands us our menus and the kids the kids menus. And leave us to decide on what we want. Comes back and asks us what we would like to drink. Order our drinks its about 445. We get our drinks quickly and then continue to ponder and chat about what we want. There are about 8 people in the resteraunt with two or more waitresses.

Approx 450 or 455 we order or meals and the we order the kids meals. We get our meals mine without the bacon I ordered on the side in decent time and eat them. We then had to listen to our waitress in full hearing radius of the restaurant talk about the child support she wasn't getting and that the other (I am assuming single mom waitress) should go after her ex for it. This was not the end of the world just a little inappropriate in my opinion.

The dishes we are finished with are starting to pile up and we haven't seen our waitress stop by in over 20 minutes. She is busy mulling around the restaraunt doing other things, napkins and wiping tables. After about 35 mins the neighbouring waitress asks us if we are finished as she has noticed the dishes there awhile with a surprised tone in her voice like "why weren't these dishes cleared!" and promptly clears the dishes. We also ask her to get the ice cream for the kids meals. She lets our waitress know.

Ten minutes goes by and our waitress appears and asks if the kids wanted ice cream. I was a little annoyed and said yes thats what the other waitress said.

We finish and get our bill and the kids meals are full price on the bill. I objected to it at the cash register and get "well i should have said to you its between 5-9". Its in the system and I can't do anything to fix it. I figure I will just send a note to the manager and hope for the best outcome on a 50$ bill.

For a restaurant thats entirely empty the SERVICE was HORRRIBLE from our waitress.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank zodi76
Calgary, Canada
“Decent food. Reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We have been going here since 2008 when we moved into the neighbourhood. We usually hit Friday's as kids eat free. The restaurant itself is dated and the odd time u get below average service. The food is always consistently good and breakfast is better then other restaurants like Denny's. The prices are also reasonable. The location how ever may be confusing to some if not familiar with the area to get in and out of.

1 Thank zodi76
Calgary
“LOL =They forgot the DUMP-ty in the name”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Even for a greasy style spoon diner, this is bad. Boring and plain. Go to Denny's for this type of meal

Visited March 2012