“Awesome dinner!”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,604 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$28 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
St Catharines
“Awesome dinner!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wanted to take a second date somewhere special and Labrezza fit the bill!

I highly recommend the calamari, I was not a fan of calamari before but I have been converted!

Our mains were good size, tasty portions. The house wines were good too.

2 Thank Ladyine

Calgary
“20 Years Later Still Amazing”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

For no reason other than "Life Gets In The Way" .........we have not been to La Brezza for 20 years. WOW it is still wonderful, fabulous service, fantastic food. We had a wonderful evening thank you Marco. It is the best Italian Restaurant in Calgary. Lovely location - you will not be disappointed. Marco, we will see you again within 2 weeks not 20 years!

1 Thank DebB-TA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best in Calgary... And beyond!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

As a first generation Italian who's been spoiled with some of the best Italian home cooking and lived I Montreal most of our lives, a hotbed of great Italian restaurants, La Brezza has made it to the top of our list as possibly the best Italian restaurant I have ever been to. The food is outrageous, authentic and delightful. The atmosphere of this quaint little house in the Bridgeland area of Calgary which was converted into a restaurant by the proprietor, Mario Abdi, is perfect. As for Mario, he personally greets everyone and spent some time talking to us. A wonderful character and personality bigger than life. I don't just recommend La Brezza, my wife and I have declared it our favourite restaurant period. As for a recommendation, the Calamari and the Cozze are absolutely to die for starters. We both had veal entrees and topped it off with a zambaglione dessert and cappuccinos. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this restaurant a spinal tappesque 11. Thank you Mario!!!!

1 Thank Mike R
“Our best Italian dinner in Calgary yet!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was the first time my husband and I tried LaBrezza. A charming place, romantic atmosphere and impeccable hospitality. Marco is a gem and makes you feel like a member of the family. The food was incredibly fresh and delicious. We'll definitely be back, very soon!

2 Thank MartinaCarello
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing from start to finish”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Let me start by saying I am a very picky restaurant eater. Typically, even at my favourite restaurants, there are a few things I really don't like. During my visit to La Brezza, however, there was not a single thing I turned up my nose at. I was there with my somewhat large family, celebrating my younger sister going off to college. Together, we all shared the calamari and the baked escargot, and were arm wrestling for the last bits. So good. Then I had the fettuccine with the smoked salmon, and it was amazing. I think I had dreams about it last night. I ordered my fettuccine gluten-free, and it was the first time I've ever had gluten-free at a restaurant that wasn't disgusting. In fact, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. I also had a taste of my husband's prawns, and they were fantastic. I also ordered a Caeser salad, which was also amazing, and all the drinks were great as well. For dessert we shared a couple of Creme Brulees, and I easily could have eaten a whole one myself, even after my large dinner. During dessert, the owner came over to chat with us, and he was a riot. Very kind and very funny!

The atmosphere was not trendy, and some of the decorations were fairly dated, but the table settings were classic and everything was clean. This is a place with more of a family-home feel than a fancy restaurant, with far more emphasis placed on the food than the ambiance, but I would rather be at a homey place with amazing food than a gorgeous place with mediocre food. It was fine for a family dinner. Portions sizes were good, and the prices were on the higher end of reasonable. Definitely will eat there again.

1 Thank Katerina W