“Good food, service a bit confused”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$28 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The food was delicious and fresh with enough veggie options to share a few different items. The service at the beginning of the meal was excellent, but after our food arrived we were left on our own. I left satisfied with the food, but wishing someone had come back to refill my wine. I probably would have stayed for dessert and coffee, but by the time the server checked back with us I just wanted to leave. I will give this restaurant another chance, it is not a bad choice.

1  Thank TheVeggieNomad

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just an excellent experience all around. We were greeted by Marco, the owner, who was making the rounds welcoming all his guests. Really nice and interesting guy. The meal was outstanding, I can't remember ever having better veal than I had at La Brezza. A very warm, unhurried atmosphere in the restaurant, which was formerly Marco's home. The Bruschetta and Calamari were also delicious. The restaurant has been successful for many years and it's easy to see why. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Winston S
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were visiting Calgary and read about this restaurant on Tripadvisor. We are so glad we did. It was a fabulous, delicious meal. Each one of us loved everything. Everything was so fresh and the choices were wonderful. I got the scallops and shrimp (prawns) and it was amazing. My husband also loved his lasagna. I forget what my son ate but he also raved about it! The staff were so friendly and patient in explaining some of the dishes. Sorry we don't live closer to return again and again.They were so nice and even called a cab for us to go back to our hotel.

1  Thank Ginnietraveler
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Birthday party tonight and my mother-in-law (old world woman who's certainly no slouch in the kitchen herself) RAVED about the sauce on her Pollo Alla Brezza. Daughter #4 "Best Alfredo sauce EVER!" Father-in-law, "I had about 23 prawns" and he loved his spaghetti dinner. I could go through everyone but you get my drift. Son #1 "The Fettuccine alls Carbonara was easily the best italian meal I have every had in this city."

'Nuff said. Rave reviews from all ten diners.

1  Thank CuJo Y
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once again, fabulous dinner! Pasta and salads for all four of us with the very nice and affordable house red. Each dish superb, served in a cozy unhurried atmosphere. In short, great food, ambiance and service. Dining doesn't get any better in Calgary!

1  Thank Harvey R