“Great way to start your date!”
Review of Ming

Ming
Ranked #1,856 of 3,575 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Fusion
Neighbourhood: Beltline
Neighbourhood: Beltline
Calgary, Canada
“Great way to start your date!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

After visiting Ming a few months ago with the boys, I decided to start a date night with the girlfriend here. I expected to have a few cocktails and then head out for dinner but she was starving so we ordered some food to share.

We were pleasantly surprised with just how good it was! The atmosphere is comfortable and funky and the service was top notch! So good in fact, we stayed for quite a while before meeting up with friends at another bar. No doubt we will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2013

“Nice little bar.”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I love this place for drinks. Some of the food is great including the Veggie Ali, the Shining Path pizza and the Four Cheese pizza.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Hammy_Teare
Calgary, Alberta
“Surprisingly good food, funky ambiance”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

7 of us went for dinner and drinks on a Friday night. We were pleasantly surprised with the food - I had the ginger beef (excellent) and very good veggie burger (yes, I'm a bit of a walking contradiction... I'm trying to eat less red meat, LOL). Oh - the chocolate martini (I can't remember the name) was not good - try one of the other martinis.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Live_Life_Big
“Swing by Ming for an outstanding night!”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The decor is over the top with red & black throughout but it totally works. It feels like you're in some pimped out secret bunker. The cocktail menu is extensive with creative names of politicians thoughtfully corresponding with the ingredients. The food, OMG, the food. Where to begin? Spinach dip was the best I've ever had (and I've had many) and the grilled cheese sandwich with fig spread has me counting the days until my return. Seriously this place is the real deal.

Calgary, Canada
“Great martinis & atmosphere.”
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Great martinis & atmosphere.