“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #2,505 of 3,684 Restaurants in Calgary
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My family just had lunch at Mr.Schnapps. Service was curt and abrupt, and when I asked to speak with the manager (an owner) to explain our experience, he immediately interrupted and became defensive. I had to ask him to allow me to explain.
In addition to poor service, the food was disappointing. Salad consisted of a handful of iceberg lettuce leaves and a couple slices of carrot. Combined with a very small cup of soup (demitasse size) for $8. I was informed that each on it's own would be worth $8. Wow!
Oddly, my daughter and boyfriend had dinner there not long ago, and the owner (a partner) told them business was really tough...they were having a struggle!!!
So many business owners forget the importance of wowing the customer to grow the business.

2  Thank LaFleur66

Reviewed 9 July 2010

My family decided to give this restaurant a shot. What a mistake. I ordered the voodoo chicken, which was supposed to be chicken with a cajun sauce. The chicken was dry and cold, the sauce had a synthetic taste and it wasn't even a cajun sauce!

Instead of a side of fries or potato I decided to get a side greek salad. The greek salad came as a full separate order. The salad was under dressed and tasteless.

My father ordered the special which was chicken parmigiana with spaghetti bolognese. The spaghetti was mushy and cold, the chicken was overcooked and the bolognese sauce was tasteless.

After our disappointing meal we received the bill. They charged me $17.99 for the chicken and an extra $9.00 for the greek salad!! So I payed $17.99 for two pieces of chicken in a crappy sauce with nothing else on the plate!!

I will NEVER go back to this restaurant. Please save yourself the trouble and don't go to this restaurant.

4  Thank LiquidCourageCalgary