“Needs restaurant makeover”

Neighbourhood: Southeast Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Needs restaurant makeover”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Maybe restaurant makeover has paid a visit to Olive Grove since I was there. I found the dining room and furniture to be in need of updating/replacing. The menu was definitely on the greasy side. We were quite disappointed. This is a popular spot, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something (maybe just a loyal fan-base).

Visited April 2012

Calgary
“what happened!!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

you used to be an Arabic restaurant, now it is just another average one. We wer really disappointed with the food and service

Visited October 2012
Canadian Rockies, Canada
“Food not great. Service is slow.”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have been there with friends and with family. Our selections varied from pizza, chicken and appetizers. Food was substandard and lukewarm. Service tends to be slow. We cannot recommend this restaurant. We will not be back

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Lady_Tripper22
“Sub Standard Resteraunt”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

A group of us went out to the Olive Grove on Midpark Way S.E> last night. We ordered a variety of Entree's off the menu as well as drinks. The service was very slow as there was one waitress on the floor and she said that this was her second day. Three or four other girls were hanging around the front counter.
The arrived at our table luke warm, The steaks tasted as though they have been pre cooked and re heated with no seasoning whatsover on them. The chicken was dry, cold and very unappetising and the Shrimp/Scallop Milano was over cooked, served with very limp wimpy vegetables. They sent a greek salad as a side dish to the Milano which consisted mostly of sliced peppers and onions. Once we returned all the food to the kitchen, we thought that we would try to have some dessert to fill the hunger we still had. We were never offered a dessert menu or even a cup of coffee.
This was my third visit to this establishment with each visit deterioratiing. I suppose they depend on the Bar Crowd' to keep them in business.
I would not recommend this food establishment to anyone. The price is high, the food is substandard and the service is low.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Hyatt1
Calgary
“I prefer Sammy's”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The Olive Grove serves a traditional greek pizza. Quite good, but much better value and quality at Sammy's. We also had an order of salt and pepper RUBBER chicken wings. Like , what was that?? The skin was rubbery, seem only half cooked and almost tasted tainted. No way will I go back . I am going to show the proce as expensive (it really isn't bad, because the quality wasn't there _ poor value)

• Visited March 2012