“Skeptics welcome!”

Cuisines: Deli, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Beltline
Description: Myhre's Deli has given diners the full meat shop experience since it began slicing and serving in 2002. A long-time patron of Montreal's famous smoked meat eateries, proprietor Brad Myhre hoped to create a place where Calgarians could enjoy an authentic deli lunch - without the five-hour flight.
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I was born and raised in the Montreal area, moved to Alberta 3 years ago. As soon as I saw this place, I wanted to challenge it; sure enough, as soon as you walk in, there's a sign that says, "We Specialise (sic) in Skeptical Montrealers".
So...
Smoked meat = excellent
House blend mustard = delicious!
Pickle = nice & crunchy, as it should be
Coleslaw = very good
Rye bread = meh. Not quite Montreal-style, but still a good, fresh bread.
Verdict: I WILL be back for more when I get that smoked-meat craving!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

We went here for the Montreal smoked meat and enjoyed the whole experience. Nice simple relaxed environment. Excellent friendly service. Good value. Great smoked meat. We'll go back next time we're in town.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Occasionally i make the 3 block walk form the office to Myhre's Deli and I am never disappointed, in fact its a good thing I have 3 block walk back to the office because my eyes are always bigger then my stomach. Their smoked meat sandwiches are most fantastic and complimented beautifully by their house-made mustard. If you are feeling extra hungry add a side of poutine because it is just as good as the smoked meat sandwich. The staff are always friendly, never over-bearing but willing to chat if thats what you're looking for. Great place for lunch.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

A work colleague suggested we go here for a quick lunch. You walk into an old fashioned diner, with wood booths, and a quickly (but not officiously) greeted and taken to your seat. The menu is a range of sandwiches and Reuben.

I ordered the small Reuben, I wish I had ordered the large, it was sooooooo good. The meat melted in my mouth, the combination of meat, mustard and sauerkraut was to die for.
It was so good I bought a pound of meat to take home for my husband, might sneak some myself, this is an absolute find, and I can't wait to go back again very soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in after being referred by a friend. We loved our sandwiches they were delicious. The staff was friendly.