“Best Italian Sandwich ”

Neighbourhood: Hillurst
Calgary, Canada
“Best Italian Sandwich ”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

We went here the other day with my wife and kids. This has been one of my favorite lunch places in Calgary for some time and decided to take the kids.

I always get the Joe's special and my wife gets the Tuscany Turkey. I love the owners and when you walk in you almost feel at home. The prices are reasonable and they have a huge selection of frozen pastas and sauces to take away and I will definitely be back.

1 Thank powelj1

Calgary, Canada
“The Mighty Meatball!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

So I head here on a whim. I try "Joe's Special". It's my first time and I'm not lookin to get too into this newly formed relationship, so take the easy route. It was absolutely a great sub sandwich. Zesty and tasty, filling every tastebud I needed to be filled with satisfaction.

A couple of weeks later my better half and I decide to come back on my recommendation. She gets the Spicy Meatball Sub and I repeat my first visit with Joe's Special. One taste of her meatball sub sends me into a state of bliss. These meatballs are packed full of insane flavour!! So much that I ended up buying 20 frozen ones from their Market stock.

I'm looking forward to trying more subs on their vast list of great looking foods!!! Check it out!!

• Visited May 2013
“Must be under new management ... Not a good thing”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Used to be our favorite place for shwarma, now horrible. Used to have condiments like pickled radish etc, now just hot peppers. Too salty, wasnt able to eat it all because just wasnt as tasty as it used to be.

• Visited July 2013
Montreal
“terrible gelato”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Perhaps you will enjoy this place if you have no conception of what real Italian gelato is. Yes, the ice cream was home-made, and the effort is appreciated, but it was not good.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ale_Viola
Edmonton, Canada
“Really Tasty Sandwiches!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A family run store with very yummy sandwiches. Before visiting Peppino, I never imagined that a vegetarian sandwich could be tasty too. Have been here multiple times for both breakfast and lunch. Love their vegetarian sandwiches and the sauces they offer as well. My favorite is their Bocconcini sandwich. If you like spicy stuff do ask for their special garlicky hot sauce.

• Visited September 2012