“Summer Staple”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Shakes are fantastic, nice and thick. The portion size for their fries is massive, easily fed the four of us with plenty left over. Burgers are pretty good, I think they changed the type of bbq sauce on them a few years back, different than I remember growing up. Fast drive through service, I noticed the walk up lines seem to take forever so don't use them.

1  Thank DCYYC

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Peter's - an institution that will always have a line up - burgers come with a BBQ sauce on them and there is always an extra half patty on it. Fries are generous and hot. Milkshakes are made with real ingredients and you can mix and match (Chocolate/Banana always a winner)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Service:

What a joke. Saturday at 11:45am. A couple cars at each window, and things are taking forever. I guess word is getting around. As I watch, the lady in front of me finally gets her order and drives forward but stops as she discovers she's missing a straw for her drink. She asks a walk-up customer to give her one. I get to the window, and hand over my money. I get handed my drink, no straw. As I wait at the window I am thinking how can you not have food flying out the door right now. I also watch the staff. The original owner used to have slightly older, long-term staff. Now it's staffed with young disinterested workers like every other fast food place.

After 4 minutes, I get the rest of my order - a double cheese and fries. I check my bag - no straw, so I ask for one before driving off.

Food:

Burger is hot and tasty. Fries? I'm not sure what to say. I always thought that fries could be hot and crispy, or cold and soggy. That's it. Well, at Peters they have apparently changed the laws of physics and come up with a third type. Imagine chewing on potato flavoured cardboard and you pretty much get the idea. If you can't cook a French Fry, then what the heck are you going trying to run a restaurant?

Some other reviewers commented on the shakes, and on the debit cards. I didn't have a shake, and I paid cash. But seeing how terrible the service is, it makes sense that they now accept debit. If everyone waits MINUTES for their order while already at the window, then there is plenty of extra time to punch in pin numbers.

3  Thank Calgarian001
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stopped at Peter's on a road trip from Toronto to Vancouver. I stopped because I heard this was a good place. Well for me this was a great place to stop. I drove through Calgary on Hwy. 1 and it was easy to find.
It was really busy as I arrived there around noon. There were several windows open for service. There was a bit of a wait. I spoke to the woman in line ahead of me and she told me Peter's is a bit of a Calgary icon. I loved it. The burger was great. Done exactly as ordered. The fries are quite a large serving so be forwarned you may want to share an order. The fries are also really good. My daughter had a milkshake and said it was amazing. There were many choices of flavors.
This is not an eat in restaurant. There are picnic tables on the grass near the parking, or you can take it to go.
I would definitely return to Peter's when in Calgary.. .

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The food is tasty, made to order, great burgers and milk shakes!
Sat at one of the picnic tables and enjoyed our meal with friends. As the portions are large it makes them great to share.