“Great Experience - Special Birthday Celebration”

Prego Cucina Italiana
Ranked #294 of 3,757 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Celebrated my 50th birthday at Pregos with a group of 6 and we are were very impressed. Max did an excellent job in serving us and making the event memorable (he is a consummate professional). The food was very tasty with fresh ingredients and just right temperature. We all left with a great memory of a wonderful evening. I ordered a special order not on the menu and they accommodated this with no problem. Glad to have chosen this venue for my birthday and look forward to the next time. Would recommend this restaurant wholeheartedly.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our book club had a lovely evening at this restaurant. Every course was delicious. We had calamari, Gorgonzola gnocchi and a red wine recommended by our excellent waiter. Everything was tasty, especially the gnocchi.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a great place for some fine Italian food and great service from the staff. I am a regular there with one of my business colleagues, usually about once a month. The prices are reasonable and for most pasta dishes they allow for a half order if you are not too hungry. The menu is new and they always have specials that are not on the regular menu as well, all are tasty and reasonable priced. I had the Penne last night in a Rose sauce with chicken, beef and sausage, it was wonderful. I will continue to be a re3gular!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Standard Italian food, nothing special. Spaghetti with sea food had not much taste, sea food was over cooked. Thus soggy, or like rubber.
Ceasars salad was medioacre at best. Beer only comes in bottles.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I ended up here one day in February when I went with a group of friends from work. One of the couples comes here all the time and that was evident from the familiarity of the wait/bar staff with my friends. They knew what drinks they would want and the conversation was casual and friendly.

The food was delicious. I had the Calamari as an appetizer. It was great. Perhaps one of the best plates of calamari I have ever had. It was lightly breaded and not too fishy tasting. Well done. For the entree I had the Tortellini Gorgonzola. WOW! It was super yummy. So much cheese and a perfect mushroom sauce. The serving sizes were a little large (leftovers anyone) but that is okay with me in this day and age of high prices for small portions. The price for my solo meal was around $38.00 with tip and that included a soft drink (no booze).

I would definitely eat here again.

The only thing that bothered me a bit was accessibility. It is located in the Eau Claire Mall and we walked up from the parking garage. For those who are less fit or mobile than others, the 4 levels of stairs can be daunting. I didn't see an elevator clearly marked but I do admit I wasn't looking for it.

1  Thank Vegaskev72