“Just another case of good food & poor service”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,757 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Inglewood
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Ample free parking.
Reviewed 2 May 2010

When I read that this restaurant was voted one of the top 100 in the world I knew I had to get in and give it a try. The first half of the experience was great, we were both enjoying the atmosphere and the food immensely. It was after our main course that everything went downhill. We were left sitting at our table for close to 20 minutes with our empty plates in front of us, and when our server showed up to finally remove our plates my husband asked for coffee for himself & tea for me. Of course they were all out of tea........ really? what kind of restaurant runs out of tea?? We were then given our bill and basically pushed out the door. Not one SINGLE offer of dessert!! No one even stopped at our table long enough so that I could ask them for a dessert menu. That just turned my entire evening sour. I will not go back.

1  Thank Marlomom

Reviewed 22 March 2010

It's a nice place with a fairly interesting menu, but wasn't executed as it should. The cooking techniques were very basic and the food just looked thrown together. I've had better food at much cheaper places in Calgary. Not worth the effort.

1  Thank Tony122
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Ate at Rouge last night and it didn't disappoint.

Ambiance was excellent with tasteful art enhancing the old world charm of the historic building its housed in. Food was truly excellent, with lobster bisque and beef with lobster butter crust of particular note. A lovely place deserving of its high ratings here if a little pricey

Rob

1  Thank OmanRob
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Beautifully prepared and served food, portions on the small side.

Reviewed 7 May 2009

The setting is wonderful, the staff knowledgeable and attentive and the food equal to the best anywhere. And the vibe combines earthy humility with high-end decadence. Yes, it's expensive -- but better value than peers in Toronto, New York, LA or Vegas -- some of the only places on this continent where you'd find its equal.

1  Thank Guinness23