“Simply the best pizza in Calgary.”

Sammy's World's Greatest Pizza
Ranked #1,040 of 3,512 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast food, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Inglewood
“Simply the best pizza in Calgary.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Been ordering from Sammy's in Braeside for almost 10 years. Best deep dish I've found in Calgary. Staff are super friendly. Out of the DOZENS of pizzas I've ordered, only 2-3 were not up to their usual super delicious standard-- dry/chewy/stale crust for some reason. Sometimes can be a bit salty, too. Highly recommend the Chicken Fahita or Spinach Delight! Worth a try for sure.

1 Thank Withingmann

• Thai first
Calgary
“The Best pizza in Calgary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We have been ordering from Sammy's for 14 years now. Started out in Braeside, we order pizza every Thursday night from them. When we moved to Shawnessy we were actually sad that we would no longer be within delivery range. Fortunately they had just opened another outlet just down the hill near Fishcreek station.

One thing about Sammy's _ they are slow. Takes usually about 70 or so minutes. Doesn't bother us since the pizza is great. So keep this in mind when you place your order. Everyone else pales in comparison. Their donairs are amazing as well. Last night one of my friends ordered spaghetti. I was impressed. They bake it in an oven with tons of cheese on top. I never thought of ordering pasta from Sammy's before but will definitely consider it in the future ..... wait, that means I would forgo the pizza. That ain' gonna happen.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Silvurbak
mmilitia
“2 1/2 hour delivery!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

Are you kidding me? I waited 2 1/2 hours for my pizza to be delivered 1 km away.I was told initially that it would take 60 to 75 minutes.Fine.But after 2 hours I finally called and they told me that the pizza was still cooking for another 5 minutes.And when the pizza arrived it looked and tasted like it was microwaved.And to top it all off I paid full price.Not my first review of this place but certainly my last.Avoid at all cost.Don't by into their accolades as they so proudly display on their website.Garbage!!

2 Thank mmilitia
mmilitia
“Same as Olive Grove...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

Exact same as Olive Grove...nothing special.Ordered delivery and showed up 1:15 min later soggy.

1 Thank mmilitia
Calgary
“Excellent pizza for takeout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

We love this pizza - lots of toppings and tasty! You'll wait for quite awhile if you want delivery so pick up is a much better idea. It's worth the trip. This isn't a spot for dining in, though.