“Turn your day around with a stay at Days Inn Calgary Northwest!”

Days Inn Calgary Northwest
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Management46493, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Calgary Northwest

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here when it was a different hotel chain and didn't like it but wow has it ever changed comfy beds, great large rooms and the front desk was awesome very nice.

1  Thank Brad H
Management46493, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Since becoming a Days Inn two years ago, our property has undergone an incredible renovation which brought all of our rooms to the level of comfort, value, and service that travelers in today’s market both crave and deserve. It is so fantastic to see the turnaround in our guest’s perception of our property as well. The entire team here takes great pride in making this property the best it can be every day, from an award-winning housekeeping team to service-first front desk agents on call 24 hours a day; we here at the Days Inn Calgary Northwest take great pride in our work and we are all so pleased to hear our efforts are reaping these wonderful dividends. Thank you for your wonderful comments, we will see you soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights, received no sleep complained to the front desk, was told by the manager "it's there world and your world and everyone has to live harmoniously together? What? Ok...then I was parked and a large Lincoln utility parked beside me, squishing me, I tried to get out without hitting the SUV and I scraped the side of my van on the cement pillar....I went in and told the manager about it and he said, well I wasn't driving your vehicle therefore I'm not responsible for what happened...too bad so sad it not so many words. My second day my food garbage from my room wasn't emptied nor was anything restocked. Would never stay here or recommend, worst experience ever!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Management46493, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

It is unfortunate that your stay was anything less than perfect with us. The complaints we had received from you were on the last day of your stay, after the incident occurred. It is impossible for any person to retroactively fix a situation from the night before. You had told me that you did not want to complain at the time because, “…they were only talking and laughing loudly”. I then said that we are all a part of life and that we all must respect each other as life does not belong to any one individual, ergo it would be appropriate to call and complain about this kind of noise. I recall offering a room change at the time, and perhaps a free upgrade to a king size room, to which you declined.

It is disappointing that my kind, empathetic demeanor was confusing and frustrating to you. It is true, I was not driving your vehicle and therefore it is not my responsibility, nor my property’s, to compensate you for mistakes you made on your own. Had you instead notified the desk you were unable to exit the spot due to another vehicle’s poor state of parking, we would have happily located the vehicle’s respective owner and kindly asked them to move the vehicle, at which point you would have been able to exit the space with ease. I recall advising you of this verbally as well. This is part of the reason why most hotels will obtain your vehicle information at check-in so they are able to help their guests in situations like this. It is concerning that your trash was not taken care of, as this is the first time I have heard of it, it is hard for me to do anything for you at this point. You have also expressed that you will not give us another chance either, so it is clear where we all stand. Thank you for this feedback and good luck in your future travels!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RedcliffCathy

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Management46493, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014