“Poor Customer Service......”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Verns' Pizza
Ranked #2,485 of 3,709 Restaurants in Calgary
Description: Serving great quality pizza using hand tossed dough made daily, quality toppings spread over our signature sauce and topped off with 100% mozza cheese. Then baked in a brick oven to perfection. Pizza by the slice or by the pie.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I called Vern's Pizza in Calgary N, I ordered 3 orders of onions rings the 18" T-Rex pizza a 2L Dr Pepper & a 2L Mountain Dew. I reppeated my order because I had previously experienced that the staff taking the order either don't understand english or just don't care and items I ordered were missing in the delivery. The order arrived in the 45min-1hour timeline, but there was no onion rings, so I checked the receipt and I wasn't charged, so I called the store, I asked to speak to a male with broken english that had taken my order, the lady that answered with broken english said he was gone, so she listened to my complaint and basically said there was no order placed for onion rings so there is nothing they can do, I asked to speak to the supervisor or manager and she said they went home that I need to call maybe tomorrow. I was upset that the customer service was so bad that I tried to negotiate and requested that if I drive across the City would they give the onion rings tp me for free and she said no. I tried to be polite and explain to her about customer service as this is the industry that I work in and the way she handled this situation would not be acceptable. I got no response, I heard a sigh in the background over the telephone and she hung up. It's obvious that this female staff could care less. This is not the first experience I had like this with Vern's Pizza Calgary NE where they forgot an item, so I did not order from them in sometime, but I had guests who requested that we order Vern's Pizza so I did and this is the result. There is a language barrier with the staff that work there, but that makes the customer service poor. I will call the supervisor and/or manager tomorrow and I will never order from Vern's Pizza Calgary NE again!

4  Thank JSS2013

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Man this is great pizza, it is a meal in itself. I am originally from Saskatchewan and was hooked from that first bite. I live in Calgary and try to make it my taste of home. It's well worth the price for the slice. T-Rex is my favorite.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Vern's started in a Husky service station in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
They had lot's of competition in Saskatchewan because believe it or not the best pizza on the continent actually comes from Regina, Saskatchewan. Place like Western Pizza, Houston Pizza, Trifon's Pizza and the best Juliana's Pizza out of Regina truly make the queen city the best pizza city on the planet.
Anyway, unfortunately I had to move to Calgary and in doing so I gave up all these great pizza spots in Regina.
I searched and tried different pizza places over the years (20+) and nothing compared to what we use to get in Regina.
Then on a hockey road trip to Saskatoon I learned about Vern's Pizza.
We ordered it and believe me it was amazing.
That was only less than 10 years ago.
After that, I found the Vern's in Calgary and started to patronize them.
They were, back then, just as good as the one's in Saskatchewan.
Recently (last 2 years) the quality has fallen off a bit but they were still way better that the corporate pizza locations that you can find on every corner and in every neighbourhood.
So VERN, what happened.
Did you start giving a franchise to just anybody with cash.
Did you quit caring about what made other people brag about the pizzas that you made.
Did you say "let's not do our due diligence" and just make sure they paid us??
Well, I guessing that you did that in Calgary, Alberta.
Cause VERN, what use to be a great and fantastic pizza has now eroded to one of the worst....period.
The last few times, the order was wrong, the delivery time was over an hour, the pizza arrives cold and the pizza seldom is what is ordered.
....and to make matters worse, what use to be the bragging point i.e.. lots of toppings, fresh, hot etc. are not even close.
I don't know if it's the new owners or a new "business model" or what but I've ordered my last cold and incorrect pizza from your Calgary location.
I wish Western Pizza would take over this city and show how a real pizza is made.
Hope this helps...if you're ordering.

4  Thank dapado
Reviewed 14 August 2012

If you are looking for a HUGE piece of pizza this is the place for you, the T-Rex is really amazing and it truly is a meal in every slice. If you are going for quality of the pizza your about to eat you may want to take a pass there are other options.

I do find the crust can get a little bit soggy so if you are getting a delivery you never know what the end result will be as it will depend on how long it takes to get it to you and how long it sits in the box.

Still better than the large pizza chains in my opinion but not as good as other independent pizza restaurants I have reviewed in Calgary.

4  Thank Kirk_and_Jo-Anne
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My co-worker and I ordered lunch to be delivered to our office and we were both very disgusted with the amount of time it took to get our food and the food itself when it finally showed up. The dry ribs were soggy and the chicken wings were way over cooked and dry. The ceasar salad was dripping with dressing and all the croutons were mush. It was way over priced for the quality of the food and we were offered nothing at all even though we had to call them twice within 2 hours to find out what the hold up was. Not very impressed.

4  Thank Firewoman75