“Went to get take-out at opening-wonder if I got food from the buffet”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Tandoori Hut - CLOSED

Tandoori Hut
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Northwest Calgary
“Went to get take-out at opening-wonder if I got food from the buffet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I went to get take-out a few months ago and when we brought the food home (5 minute drive) the food-including fish curry, butter chicken and Korma and beef curry was barely warm(and no we didn't pick-up the order late). I wonder if the food came from the buffet? Not appetizing at all. And as all Calgarians know we pay way too much for Indian food in this city-13-18 dollars a dish, so it should be piping hot and tasty!

Maybe it was just a bad night for the restaurant, but a waste of 80$

• Visited May 2013

North Bay, Canada
“My Favourite Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is by far, the BEST Indian food I have ever had!

The atmosphere is awesome - Indian music and decor. The restaurant is quiet and the service is always fantastic.

I have been here several times for dinner and tried all of the dishes, but my favourite is the dinner for 2, as you get a little bit of everything! You also must have a rice pudding (kheer) and a chai tea before you go! They also have a buffet at lunch time, which is a great way to taste everything and see what you like best. The dishes are reasonably priced and large enough to take left-overs home.

• Visited August 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am a huge fan of Indian food, and I like more or less all the different flavors that there are. The trouble with living in Calgary is that it is hard to find somewhere that does really good Indian food. Tandoori Hut is one of the better options. I very much like their Dal, they do a great butter chicken and some excellent vegetarian food as well. I'd love to see a few more options on their menu, but for the most part, food here always hits the spot. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank anderses
Toronto, Canada
“Great Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We visited here in July 2013, and this was my first Indian food experience. The service was excellent - attentive and understated. The restaurant is quite large compared to many Kensington restaurants, and the ambiance is nice.
We ordered butter chicken and nan - and rice (cannot remember the kind!) I loved it - not too spicy but not bland at all! Be sure to visit here when in the Kensington area of Sunnyside Hillhurst!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank highlandancer
Calgary, Canada
“Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

One of my favourite Indian restaurants in Calgary. The staff is very friendly and the food is great. Last night we had dinner at this restaurant again and it didn't disappoint. I particularly like the Shrimp in mild coconut sauce. The sauce was rich and tangy, the shrimps tender - a perfect combo.
I would recommend this restaurant for good quality Indian Cuisine at reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013