“Great Food & Service”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped at Jimmy's for lunch.The place isn't much to look at, just a deli with some tables and chairs outside, but the food was spectacular. My husband and I ordered a donair (beef) gyro and a shawarma (chicken) gyro; they were huge (a pound of meat on each) and we could have easily split one. I had never tried either shawarma or donair; the staff gave us samples of everything and educated us so we could choose what to order. The sauces were fabulous, too, especially the garlic one which I would have happily eaten with a spoon! We also ordered some tasty pastries and when we couldn't make up our minds, the cashier threw in an extra one for free. What a pity we didn't find this place until the last day of our vacation!

2 Thank Carole B

Calgary, Canada
“Real Food, Great People”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The donairs here are unbeatable. The quantity of food you get is insane, a large donair can feed two people. When you walk in, it definitely feels family owned and operated, everyone is incredibly friendly! Definitely come here if you're looking for delicious shawarmas or donairs that you'll remember

• Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Memorable food and cashier ”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Went here for the first time with friends, and the long wait was not a problem at all. The authentic smell of the huge assortment of foods made up for the wait. The funny cashier was the cherry on top, very enthusiastic!

“One of the best”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have been eating at Jimmy's for years and consistently it has been great. The owner is the sweetest lady and reminds me of my mom every time she makes my food.

• Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“The very best chicken shawarma”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

If you're in the mood for donairs and/or shawarmas you are amiss not to visit Jimmy's. I have tried many different places in many different cities and these folks really know how to do it right. It's not pretty to look at but the food is spectacular. It's the only place I'll go to in Calgary.

Visited January 2014