“Good and Quick Food.”

Township Bar and Grill
Ranked #909 of 3,811 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here for lunch with a few work colleagues. The place fills up fast, so make sure you get there early or set a reservation. The staff is good, and helpful with recommendations. The food was quick to arrive, which was nice for a business lunch, and was hot. I did find that the salad was under dressed almost to the point that I didn't think there was any dressing. Th rest of the food looked and tasted very good. Nothing blew me away but they also didn't do anything to hurt the experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service was 5/5, but the rest was average to say the least. The food came out quick, but the portions were small for the price point. Had the fish and chips with a side salad.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was just here for lunch as part of a team event. We work in the building next door so it's a convenient place to go for lunch. We were seated in the back private dining room which was quite large and actually felt "private" - other places I've been to, it's just as loud and out in the open. There were 12 of us and probably could have easily squeezed in a couple more people. So, points for ambiance and the private space aspect!

The service was quite impersonal though not rude or bad, but our group was sitting around for ~30 minutes before our food order was taken. The server did check up on us twice, once about 20 minutes after the food arrived and another time about 15 minutes later.

I had the ahi tuna burger with side soup of the day, which was mushroom soup. The soup was piping hot and tasty, with a little bit of a kick to it. I was a fan. Unfortunately, the burger was underwhelming. It had so much potential...the tuna was fresh and a beautiful colour but the lettuce, pickled onion, mayo chutney on top were just....bland. There was no flavour whatsoever. Some seasoning on the tuna prior to grilling would have really elevated the entire thing. Or perhaps the burger toppings could have used some salt.

I talked to colleagues after and they commented that the fish tasted frozen, the chicken burger's fried chicken looked burnt, and the fries weren't fresh.

Perhaps OK for a quick business lunch, but don't expect to impress any clients here.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Primo Amore Riesling was a good recommendation. Overall, food was good and big.
Township organic green came with mild fresh salad dressing. Seafood tagliatelle was quite filling. Dessert was rich and loved the sauce. Good service. If the music volume could go down a bit, that will be fantastic. Worth to try out.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We were invited out for a business lunch so there was probably 11 of us at the table. The waitress did a good job of keeping our orders straight and our drinks full. It took a bit of time to get our meals but perhaps the restaurant was busier than normal.

I had the Seafood Tagliatelle which was advertised as having shrimp, salmon, mussels and snapper. It did come with one shrimp, and some mussels, maybe some snapper but did have a good deal of salmon. The wine sauce was tasty but very salty. Believe me, I am not one to usually complain about salty. I still ate all of it but maybe felt my blood vessels constrict a bit :)

I would probably order this again but probably ask to tone down the salt if I did.

1  Thank elink40