“My Best Spa Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newbury Spa

Newbury Spa
Ranked #24 of 70 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Newbury Spa is a premium downtown Calgary Day Spa. Newbury Spa performs a full array of premium spa services: Dermalogica Custom Facials, Registered Massage Therapy; Both Therapeutic and Relaxation massage, Pedicures, Manicures, Detoxifying Body wraps, Hair Removal (waxing)The team of talented Registered Massage Therapists (RMT's) and Certified Aestheticians offer wonderful massage treatments and luxurious skin care in a tranquil environment, stimulating your senses and soothing your soul. The unique Newbury Spa approach, combined with skill and dedication to the craft, provides a truly one-of-a-kind experience, delivered by a dedicated team of professionals, making Newbury Spa a Calgary jewel.
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Best Spa Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have been to a few different spas in Calgary and have had some great experiences but Newbury really impressed me. First of all,the location is conveniently located right in the Beltline making it very easy to get to. From the outside it looks quite small but I can assure you that once you're inside it definitely opens up! I was greeted by both young women at the front and they were very friendly and professional, my appointment was looked up right away. One girl gave me my loaner sandals and showed me to the changeroom. It. Was. Beautiful. It was a very nice relaxing start to my day. My locker was spacious and the robes were quite nice. The questionnaire they have you fill out it very simple and doesn't ask you for a lot of pesky details.

I went in for a facial, massage and pedicure. I was very happy with every single service that day. First was my facial ; I was met almost immediately by the esthetician and led to my room. She was very kind and asked about my skin (if I was experiencing any dryness, excess oil etc..) and based my facial on exactly what I had told her. She put several different creams on and steamed my face for a while as well. As always the massage portion was the best part! It lasted for what seemed like a very long time (which is great in this case!). She was quiet but answered every question I had. After it was finished she explained the entire process to me and what each cream was for and why she chose them for my skin. It was nice to hear it afterwards instead of talking back and forth while the facial was in progress.

Next was my body massage. I was greeted again almost immediately by the girl who would be giving me my massage, she was very friendly and seemed excited about her job. She was talkative and made me feel very comfortable. She catered the massage to my needs exactly, no unneccesary time spent on places that didn't need it. The girl was small but was an absolute powerhouse. The pressure she could place was very intense but I was able to tell her when it got too much for me and the rest was smooth sailing. She advised me how long I should wait for another massage and what to do if my muscles were aching the next day, she was very kind and cheerful.

Last was my pedicure. I know I'm not the only person who is insecure about their feet so if you're like me I suggest coming to Newbury. I was led to the pedicure room where I was met by my esthetician who sat me in my massage chair. She handed me a sample of all the polish colors they had and went to work! She clipped and filed and scrubbed and even put a beautiful wax on my feet and seriously....my feet have never felt so nice! While my feet were in the wax a woman offered and brought me a glass of champagne, which was really great! My toes were then painted beautifully and she even searched for some pink sparkles for me too. She answered all my questions without hesitation so she definitely knows her trade! (As do the other girls I met, by the way). When I was done Megan led me to the lounge to the dryer for my polish and my mouth actually watered when I saw all the treats that were laid out for the patrons.

Tamera came back again and asked me how my day was and so did the girls at the front. They seemed genuinely happy that I had a great time. It was really comforting to be in a place where everyone was happy to be at work and make a relaxing day for their customers. The service industry is a tough line of work and pleasing people isn't always easy but Newbury did that for me and I couldn't be happier. I will be returning very soon!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Zinger23

Calgary, Canada
“Most relaxing experience..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

This was exactly what I needed to end my weekend, a relaxation massage and a facial. Everyone at the front was very friendly and asked about my day. i immediately felt better after seeing the chocolate goodies in the lounge, and was greeted by my RMT before I had a chance for seconds. My massage was amazing. Everything that hurt before felt relieved when Sarah was done. She was good to ask how the pressure was, as I've got a few tender spots but I found it all to be just right. Then I was given water and redirected back to the lounge, where I seen a replenished stock of chocolate cookies. I barley got through one when Ashley got me for my facial. I thought I was relaxed before, but this was beyond any facial I had before. And 5 stars for the scalp massage..my whole experience left me totally stress free and even my boyfriend noticed I was in a much better mood when he picked me up!

Visited March 2013
Sylvan Lake, Canada
“Loved It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

I had a stressful busy week and was ready for some RnR. Newberry Spa was exactly what I needed to feel refreshed and alive again! I had a wonderful massage to start my relaxation and it definitely worked through all of my aching muscles and some very tight knots! . I had a break period and was comfortable with a tea and chocolate cupcake and very relaxing lounge chairs and soothing music ( I loved the decor ) as well as the view to look at the outside world and feel a great comfortable ambience inside Newberry . I finished my day with a very informative and hydrating facial which also included an extensive face and hand massage as well as a skin diagnosis and some referred products which i received a sample bag with all I needed.. ! The girls were excellent! I will be happy to return and bring friends !

Red Deer, Canada
“Will come again! Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

My husband and I were recommended to Newbury Spa from a girlfriend. Wow was she right!
We planned a spa day for our anniversary, when I called in the first time the girl was very nice and moved things around to let us have more time.
I called back and that time I spoke with a lady named Tamara. She was great to deal with and when she found out we were coming from out of town for our anniversary she offered us complimentary champagne.
We had a great time at the spa. It was very busy but we never felt rushed.
I would go back the next time we are in the city and recommend it to anyone.

Calgary
“Love this Spa!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I am so confused that these people that write reviews expecting the spa to adjust other clients appts because they were late. I started going to Newbury last year with a girlfriend. The RMT's that work there are amazing!! I have had three different girls and have never been disappointed. I always have deep tissue due to my injury's from a car accident. Each girl i have had helped my aches and pains. All of the RMT's i have ever gone to use their elbows in the massage.I prefer it that way.
I have also have had facials and pedicures at this spa. I always leave feeling refreshed and pretty.
I read other reviews that customers thought the lounge was too small. Well i was there this past weekend and they have renovated the lounge. It looks great and there is a new seating area that fits more customers.
Over all i wanted to say this spa is worth a look. I consider them very professorial and the environment is welcoming and warm