“Quality food & Great decor.”
Review of Alloy

Reserve with OpenTable
Alloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 3,734 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Cross street: 42 Ave. and Macleod Trail
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

A bit pricey but I enjoyed the food, decor & service.

I dined alone on a biz trip but l will say that the seating is better suited to dining with company as the tables are large & the atmosphere is contemporary & fun.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is one of the nicest restaurants in Calgary. the atmosphere is outstanding, 'chic', and the food is absolutely delicious, accompanied by a very strong wine list.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We attended a wedding reception at the Alloy restaurant, so this may not be completely accurate, but it gives some idea of the quality of the food and service.

We had the entire restaurant to ourselves, and spent the whole evening there, with reception, dinner, and then dance. All was handled very well by the Alloy staff. The service was excellent, with servers always there when needed, but out of sight when not needed. Bar staff were also very good. The food served was generally excellent. I do not know if the menu choices we had were regular menu items, but there was a good variety. I ordered the lamb, but questioned how it was cooked, until I was informed it wasn't lamb - veal had been substituted. Regardless, it was enjoyable, as we're the other items I had. Others in the party also said their meals were excellent.

I can't say how the regular restaurant choices are, but the Wedding Reception was very good. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We recently visited Alloy for our wedding anniversary, as it is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. They started us with prosecco on the house, as I had mentioned it was our anniversary when I made the reservation. An unexpected surprise, and it went well with the fresh bread, hummus, olives and calamari appetizer.

Our mains were the short ribs and shellfish, and both were quite good, as were the two sides. The service at Alloy is always great, just the right amount of attention without hovering. We had a glass of wine each with dinner. I have to say it was just OK - it was served too warm, at room temp. Wine by the glass is a problem at many restaurants, and Alloy is no exception.

We finished up by sharing the strawberry shortcake desert - this was a mistake, as the desert portion was so small, it was almost a joke. One strawberry. A tiny biscuit with strawberry jam. A tablespoon or two of strawberry sorbet. And a tiny frozen tough as leather egg white thingy - which did eventually melt in your mouth.

An appetizer, two mains, two glasses of wine, one desert, one cappuccino and tip came to $150. We will continue to go back, but I won't order wine by the glass again, and I won't order desert.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Went there for wife's birthday. Very underwhelmed by this place, WAY too pricey for the quality of the food. Appetizers outnumber the mains by three to one, we should have just ordered a few of them and forego the entrees. Corn/crab fritters were the only hit. Seafood platter tasted of ammonia, signs that not fresh, so was sent back, pork chop was overlooked and dry. Dessert ok, not very inventive for the price. Will not return.

1  Thank Doug M