“Best Sushi so far”

Ranked #114 of 3,626 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: Great little sushi restaurant for quality fish that is well prepared. Serves a variety of delicious sushi as well as other traditional Japanese dishes.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

So far out of all the places I have tried in Calgary this one is probably my favorite. It was a tad more expensive than your average sushi place. I normally find it difficult to get sashimi that I actually enjoy, however this place had some that I found to be very delicious and very fresh. I don't recall the selection of rolls to be outstanding, but the place did make up for it in taste with the selection they did have.

I look forward to visiting this place again.

1  Thank Michael G
There are newer reviews for Sushi Bar Zipang

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent sushi, fast service, nice atmosphere in a great neighbourhood. We eat a lot of sushi and this is one of the very best in Calgary

1  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This restaurant is well run and always busy but very friendly. The best part is the food is absolutely amazing, Solid sashimi just melts in your mouth. Calgary's best Japanese restaurant.

1  Thank oilace1
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We live in the neighbourhood, so it is ideal to do both. It is amongst the best if not the best sushi I have had in Calgary. Very fresh, and there is a great variety. You have to try the Unagi...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
The owner is great and very friendly, he always has a smile on his face.
You cannot go wrong here, so give it a try!

1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My favourite little sushi bar! Dinner last night was absolutely perfect. I went as I usually do with the omakase. The servers most not speaking very much English are just so much fun. I always feel like I am at their home . So sweet at the end was that so much so little no it was so Perfect You know what? It so perfect I may return tonight!

1  Thank Calgary_CanadaMarlon