“Great place to hang out!!!”

Dixon's Public House
Ranked #593 of 3,604 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Neighbourhood: Southeast Calgary
Description: With its warm intimate atmosphere that caters to all, this is a place to gather, share stories, laugh and of course have a pint or two! The fireplaces roar in the winter and patio is popular in the summer. The HD TV’s with stereo sound are always playing your favorite sporting events, or music channels. There are VLT’s for your playing pleasure. The extensive menu holds traditional and popular meals such as our Yorkshire Tidbit & Chicken, Leek & Bacon Boxty. For the more contemporary customer the selection of soups, salads, wraps, and sandwiches is divine. Gluten free buns are available upon request! With a selection of over 30 beers plus a fine wine and liquor menu, not to mention the happy hour from 2 to 6pm weekdays and 4 to 6pm on weekends, you will find yourself in your new favourite local pub!
Calgary, Canada
“Great place to hang out!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Went out with friends on a late Sunday night for drinks and food. Highly recommend the food - it was delicious and served hot. We had 1 lb. of wings with pineapple mango curry, Dublin dipper (spinach/cheese dip with tortillas and pitas) and potato skins with sour cream. Oh my goodness...it was yummy! By the way, lots of food for 4 people. Service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly, full of life and vibrant. She ended our day great! It is just a regular pub with a patio outside. They had lots of TV for sports and a couple of games. Highly recommend this place for a nice night out.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Marites8

“Good ribs and wings!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've been going to this pub for a few years now, and even though I no longer live nearby, I still go there on Wednesdays for their 1 cent ribs, and sometimes on Mondays for wings. The flavor selection for ribs and wings is great, and so is the beer selection - I particularly like Kronenberg Blanc and they carry it there. Servers and bartenders are nice and usually very attentive. As for the rest of the food on the menu, I haven't tried much of it, but from what I have tried - it's been pretty good (for pub food). Wednesdays are good and fun nights at Dixons! Come and check it out and have some cheap ribs and good drinks!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank kotbar
Kelowna, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

The food here is excellent ! The waitresses sometimes get sidetracked with flirting so orders take awhile. The strawberry margaritas are awesome! Same goes for the potato skins

calgary
“Brutal Service”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I hate to actually give this restaurant more of my time, but I am livid. We went there for breakfast one morning, the restaurant was EMPTY. The waitress forgot to put or order in, too busy flirting over in the corner. If she had asked us ONCE for a fill up on coffee, maybe she would have clued in on " oh, these people don't have their food yet, odd". When her brain finally kicked in, she came over, confused looking, and a light went off. She told us she forgot to put in the order in and if we would want to reorder....no offer for free coffee, food, voucher, i'm sorry, nothing but rudeness from the waitress. I emailed Melissa Gallant, the general manager, over and over and over......nothing. Sad that this is part of of chain really great pubs in Calgary. I could say amazing things for all the other ones...Limericks, kilkenny, etc. Ms Gallant, you fail in customer service and owning up for the poor service you manage.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank CalgaryTripper
Calgary, Canada
“Breakfast at Dixons Pub”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Breakfast at Dixons Pub in south Calgary is an incredible experience. They serve the big breakfast every weekend for 6 bucks, you cannot beat that anywhere in Calgary. The girls that work there remember who we are and make sure if our friends get there before us that they seat them at Ron and Lori's table for breakfast, how is that for fantastic service. I highly suggest Dixon's as one of your breakfast stops and also any time during the day, it is great service and a great atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012