“What a delight!”
Review of Urban Escape

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edmonton
Urban Escape
Ranked #8 of 29 Edmonton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Very comfortable B&B. We really loved having a kitchen and the self-catering breakfast was terrific. Not only was the selection of fresh items like fruits and cheeses excellent, but being able to have an early breakfast for the days we wanted to be out-the-door at the crack of dawn, and a later breakfast when we wanted to sleep in couldn't have been better. Our hostess, Gabrielle, knows everything about Edmonton and the environs. In a quiet residential neighborhood, this B&B is an "Urban Jewel."

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul S

Reviewed 22 November 2009

We ( me + wife + baby ) stayed one day in Edmonton to do some shopping and catch the train the next morning. Our stay at the Urban escape was wonderful and will definitely stay in our memory.

The house is conveniently located 5mn from the VIArail train station. It is very tastefully and modernly decorated. Beds were extremely comfortable, large and with classy linens.
We had the whole floor to ourselves that night, 2 rooms, bathroom, living room, dining room and including a modern kitchen.

Gabrielle and Ian were wonderful, being the first time in Alberta I was given a very interesting tour of the area, while Gabriel took my wife shopping for our train trip the next day. Gabriel and Ian even took us to the train station at 5am the next day!

We have never been so well received in a Bed and Breakfast and we stayed at quite a few. We will make sure to stop by Gabriel's again next time we are in Canada !

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FrenchConnection007
Reviewed 5 October 2009

This bed and breakfast was utterly amazing. Clean, beautifully decorated, a GREAT value for what you got (the whole floor! Kitchen, dining room, bathroom, living room, and 2 bedrooms!) I'm pretty sure it was bigger than my apartment. A great location with lots of restaurants nearby (I recommend the Porteguese one up the road and the Ethiopian one down the road.)

The hosts are magnificent and will take care of you like you were their own. Nothing was forgotten and they will give you everything that you need. Gabrielle and Ian live downstairs so it never feels like you're alone, and they'll check on you every once in awhile to make sure everything is okay. They made sure it was warm enough and even put an extra blanket on my bed because they thought it'd be chilly at night (the bed was so warm and cozy I never wanted to get up!)

The food was amazing! There is nothing more I could have wanted - so many cereals, fruit, toast, eggs, jam, oatmeal.... you could have eaten straight for days and never run out of food. They even equipped the kitchen with popcorn and spaghetti just in case you wanted to cook yourself a late night snack! The first day, for fruit there was strawberries, raspberries, apples, oranges, pears, cantaloupe, honeydew, and bananas. I ate the entire bowl of strawberries, so the next day, there's an even bigger bowl of strawberries, all the other fruit, PLUS blueberries! So many places completely forget the fruit altogether - this place was fruit heaven. :) Gabrielle even mentioned that she customizes the meals based on who's visiting, if it's a female or male, as females tend to like the lighter pastries in the morning!

The place was so nice, I had to invite two friends over that lived in Edmonton to show off! On the departing morning, Gabrielle even wrote me a thank you card for staying with her - it was such a treat! It was absolutely wonderful and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. I'm even thinking of traveling back to Edmonton just to stay there. If you're debating staying here or at a hotel, or even another B&B, stay here, you won't ever forget it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank moonseed
Reviewed 15 April 2008

I stayed at the Urban Escape Guest House while attending a trade show at Northlands Agricom in Edmonton. Their guest house is an easy 10 minute drive from Northlands Agricom / Rexall Place, which was very convenient. It is also close to downtown, and to all the major routes to get you wherever you need to go.

There was abundant on street parking right in front of the house no matter what time of day or night I came and went which was nice. The entire main floor of the house is 'the suite'. It is wonderfully decorated in a contemporary style, spotless, and has a relaxing atmosphere. There is a living room, kitchen, dining room, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Although there are two bedrooms, they only accommodate one set of guests at a time - single, couple or family. So it is very private. I was traveling by myself so had the whole place to myself!

One bedroom has a king-sized bed, and the other a queen. I slept in the room with the king bed, and it was fantastically comfortable, with luxurious linens. It was very quiet, and I slept like a rock. I was impressed with the lovely handmade natural soaps and lotions in the bathroom which were such a nice touch!

The living room area is comfortable with sofas, chairs, a TV and a desk with a computer, printer, and high speed access to the internet.

Breakfast is self-catered. The kitchen is ultra modern with a gas stove, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge and absolutely everything else you could ever imagine you would need to prepare yourself a gourmet breakfast. Gabrielle stocked the kitchen will all kinds of nice surprises, far too many to even mention. It was a real treat!

This B and B is a true treasure! Ian and Gabrielle are such nice people, and make wonderful hosts. They go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay and have all the comforts of home. No detail is missed. My stay was an absolute pleasure in every way! I will be referring my friends, and staying there myself again anytime I am traveling to Edmonton.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Cheyenne11