“Hosts go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable”
Review of Urban Escape

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edmonton
Urban Escape
Ranked #7 of 29 Edmonton B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Hosts go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

What a great place this was and now that I have found it, I will not have to look for another Edmonton hotel accommodation. I stayed for six nights on my own while visiting my mother who lives in a retirement residence. It was long days for me but every night Gabrielle made sure I returned back safe.

With the exclusive use of the bungalow’s main floor this is a home away from home. The self cater breakfast works well for accommodating guests functioning on their own schedule. Gabrielle fills the fridge with items to suit your personal preference that just never seem to run out. The house is nicely decorated and includes everything you would possibly need.

The Urban Escape Guest House is in a quiet residential area. Conveniently located with easy travel to the downtown.

Gabrielle and Ian go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They are lovely hosts and I only wish it were possible to spend more time to get to know them better. I would definitely recommend the Urban Escape Guest House and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife & I & 9 mos old child stayed here for 4 nights this past labour day weekend. Like the other reviewers, we had a fabulous stay. It went well beyond our expectations.

A key part of our stay was the attentiveness of our hosts, Gabrielle & Ian. When we arrived, the fridge was stocked not only with eggs. bread, ham, cheese , prepared strawberries & blueberries (as well as other items) but it also had gluten free muffins & bread plus soy and lactose free milk (because of allergies). That's pretty extraordinary personal service. Also, each day after that, we received more prepared fruit, meat, cheese etc.

As for the house itself -- it's a very clean, well-appointed house, in a quiet central area of town. Loved having the full kitchen and seperate dining room with large table. We made quick trips to many parts of the city from here. We also explored some of the restaurants on nearby 118 ave. We recommend El Rancho and the Handy Bakery. Spago, Absolutely Edibles were also recommended to us.

All in all, it was a wonderful stay and we plan to return. (As a last note, we're a gay family & felt completely comfortable here -- in case there are any gay families reading this review.)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ReviewerVancouver
toronto
Reviewed 27 July 2012

It was the best B&B we've ever been to! The beds were extremely comfortable, with luxurious linens, super soft and fluffy towels, gowns and slippers. As mentioned before by another reviewer, you get so much more space than a regular hotel room, plus free parking. There is a full size kitchen with stove, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, coffee machine, toaster, cooking utensils, high quality crockery and cutlery. A computer, printer and internet are available. Gabrielle and Ian were great with informing us about where to go in Edmonton, and Ian even gave us a tour and showed us photos of wildlife! The house is very quiet and peaceful, yet close enough to get to shops and downtown.
The food was delicious, and well presented, and more than enough for our 3 day stay, we really enjoyed the single serve coffee machine (Keurig).
The house is nicely decorated, very warm, cozy and inviting, contemporary yet comfortable.
This B&B truly stands out because of the personal attention by the hosts, by the time we left, we felt that we had made new friends in Edmonton!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ubl
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Very comfortable B&B. We really loved having a kitchen and the self-catering breakfast was terrific. Not only was the selection of fresh items like fruits and cheeses excellent, but being able to have an early breakfast for the days we wanted to be out-the-door at the crack of dawn, and a later breakfast when we wanted to sleep in couldn't have been better. Our hostess, Gabrielle, knows everything about Edmonton and the environs. In a quiet residential neighborhood, this B&B is an "Urban Jewel."

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paul S
Paris
Reviewed 22 November 2009

We ( me + wife + baby ) stayed one day in Edmonton to do some shopping and catch the train the next morning. Our stay at the Urban escape was wonderful and will definitely stay in our memory.

The house is conveniently located 5mn from the VIArail train station. It is very tastefully and modernly decorated. Beds were extremely comfortable, large and with classy linens.
We had the whole floor to ourselves that night, 2 rooms, bathroom, living room, dining room and including a modern kitchen.

Gabrielle and Ian were wonderful, being the first time in Alberta I was given a very interesting tour of the area, while Gabriel took my wife shopping for our train trip the next day. Gabriel and Ian even took us to the train station at 5am the next day!

We have never been so well received in a Bed and Breakfast and we stayed at quite a few. We will make sure to stop by Gabriel's again next time we are in Canada !

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FrenchConnection007
Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2009

This bed and breakfast was utterly amazing. Clean, beautifully decorated, a GREAT value for what you got (the whole floor! Kitchen, dining room, bathroom, living room, and 2 bedrooms!) I'm pretty sure it was bigger than my apartment. A great location with lots of restaurants nearby (I recommend the Porteguese one up the road and the Ethiopian one down the road.)

The hosts are magnificent and will take care of you like you were their own. Nothing was forgotten and they will give you everything that you need. Gabrielle and Ian live downstairs so it never feels like you're alone, and they'll check on you every once in awhile to make sure everything is okay. They made sure it was warm enough and even put an extra blanket on my bed because they thought it'd be chilly at night (the bed was so warm and cozy I never wanted to get up!)

The food was amazing! There is nothing more I could have wanted - so many cereals, fruit, toast, eggs, jam, oatmeal.... you could have eaten straight for days and never run out of food. They even equipped the kitchen with popcorn and spaghetti just in case you wanted to cook yourself a late night snack! The first day, for fruit there was strawberries, raspberries, apples, oranges, pears, cantaloupe, honeydew, and bananas. I ate the entire bowl of strawberries, so the next day, there's an even bigger bowl of strawberries, all the other fruit, PLUS blueberries! So many places completely forget the fruit altogether - this place was fruit heaven. :) Gabrielle even mentioned that she customizes the meals based on who's visiting, if it's a female or male, as females tend to like the lighter pastries in the morning!

The place was so nice, I had to invite two friends over that lived in Edmonton to show off! On the departing morning, Gabrielle even wrote me a thank you card for staying with her - it was such a treat! It was absolutely wonderful and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. I'm even thinking of traveling back to Edmonton just to stay there. If you're debating staying here or at a hotel, or even another B&B, stay here, you won't ever forget it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank moonseed
Alberta
Reviewed 15 April 2008

I stayed at the Urban Escape Guest House while attending a trade show at Northlands Agricom in Edmonton. Their guest house is an easy 10 minute drive from Northlands Agricom / Rexall Place, which was very convenient. It is also close to downtown, and to all the major routes to get you wherever you need to go.

There was abundant on street parking right in front of the house no matter what time of day or night I came and went which was nice. The entire main floor of the house is 'the suite'. It is wonderfully decorated in a contemporary style, spotless, and has a relaxing atmosphere. There is a living room, kitchen, dining room, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Although there are two bedrooms, they only accommodate one set of guests at a time - single, couple or family. So it is very private. I was traveling by myself so had the whole place to myself!

One bedroom has a king-sized bed, and the other a queen. I slept in the room with the king bed, and it was fantastically comfortable, with luxurious linens. It was very quiet, and I slept like a rock. I was impressed with the lovely handmade natural soaps and lotions in the bathroom which were such a nice touch!

The living room area is comfortable with sofas, chairs, a TV and a desk with a computer, printer, and high speed access to the internet.

Breakfast is self-catered. The kitchen is ultra modern with a gas stove, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge and absolutely everything else you could ever imagine you would need to prepare yourself a gourmet breakfast. Gabrielle stocked the kitchen will all kinds of nice surprises, far too many to even mention. It was a real treat!

This B and B is a true treasure! Ian and Gabrielle are such nice people, and make wonderful hosts. They go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay and have all the comforts of home. No detail is missed. My stay was an absolute pleasure in every way! I will be referring my friends, and staying there myself again anytime I am traveling to Edmonton.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Cheyenne11